[Complete Story]ish A Game of Dares V1.0 [0.6.5]

Here you can post and share any custom stories you have written with the House Party Custom Story Creator Tool.

Moderators: erasmus, ttant

Teloric

Re: [Complete Story]ish A Game of Dares V1.0 [0.6.5]

Postby Teloric » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:42 pm

Console commands: Door open CabinetLeft and Door open CabinetRight.

LLLeon2017

Postby LLLeon2017 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:30 am

I ran into a couple of problems that broke the game last night.

First up. When I asked Rachael if she had seen Patrick's phone progress with her broke.

Then after trying to re-route the game I asked Madison about Patrick's phone and her
response was the WTH about asking girls I don't know for blowjobs and the game broke
with her.

At this point I gave up and quit..

OH!! I also ran into a problem running the story under 7.7.. The cabnet door codes
would NOT work.. I tried the original process then swapped door and open and then
tried seperating CabnetRight and CabnetLeft with both door open and open door but
not one of the 4 commands (for each door) would open the cabnet.

DarthRevan

Postby DarthRevan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:12 am

Reason everything broke is devs pushed the .8.3 update 2 days ago and it changed a lot of things from .6.5. The story author will need to update it to work in the current version. A lot of the dialogue systems have changed, as well as item/location names have changed or been removed so the story files doesn't know what to do when these "non existent" items or locations are addressed by the code. So its default method is to not do anything when stuck. I've been looking at the files in the new CSC that was just published to see about making a story similar to this and a lot has changed. So it will take time. Especially since it is holiday season.

LLLeon2017

Postby LLLeon2017 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:30 pm

I have tried this one out a number of ways and I can tell you flat out.. Very challenging! Especially if you
don't find a way to get ALL the ladies some booze... Any of them who are not well lubricated will drop out
of the dares in very short order and it doesn't take much in the dare to make them quit..

It would be helpful if there was more booze stashed around the house like the Chardonnay and Natty Lite
are in the original story while keeping the booze on the table, or for 7.7 and up, in the cabnet where the
player can retrieve it. Maybe even re-set Frank so he's NOT doing the "Straight Edge" thing... Maybe even
have him make Booze Runs through out the night to keep everyone lubed up??? Add lines to Derek to get
Frank motivated to get more booze for everyone just to put more spin in the story maybe???

Just a few suggestions since the new custom story creator is out..

sacredcrane

Postby sacredcrane » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:59 pm

I cant open the cabine with all the booze inside

sacredcrane

Postby sacredcrane » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:23 pm

Everything is going well but when i need to take the booze i cant open the cabin somebody help plz

Teloric

Postby Teloric » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:09 pm

The story hasn't been updated to the current version of the game, so you'll still need to use the console commands door open CabinetLeft and door open CabinetRight.

S3bly

Postby S3bly » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:56 pm

i can't even open the shelf with the booze. Is there something im missing?

-LuckyShot

Postby -LuckyShot » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:57 am

Sounds like a cool story, but unfortunately it's either bugged in the newest version or it's just bugged for me, because I can't open the cabinet to take out the alcohol after locking up Frank.

KronicMisfortune

Postby KronicMisfortune » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:08 am

I've got Frank locked in the bathroom, but I can't open the liquor cabinet to get the party started. I've got the 0.8.3 redeploy.

Return to “House Party Custom Story Showcase”