[Complete Story (Updated to v.1.4)] Mystery Invitation [0.6.5]

Here you can post and share any custom stories you have written with the House Party Custom Story Creator Tool.

Moderators: erasmus, ttant

badmojo90

Re: [Complete Story (Updated to v.1.4)] Mystery Invitation [0.6.5]

Postby badmojo90 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:26 pm

DaneWolf wrote:Can't find the notepad for ashley?!?

like i said above, she doesnt need paper or a notepad, she needs the diary from the safe, go upstairs inspect the safe, ask Rachel about it, do the quest she gives you and get the info from her to open the safe and get the dairy which you give to Ashley.

Sodyaler

Postby Sodyaler » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:20 am

I'm stuck. I've progressed to this exact point about 4 times. I have Steph and Katherine maxed out waiting for their liquor. I was told what was on the usb. Rachael won't tell me about the safe unless I get Madison to tell me about her Florida trip but I can't get Madisons friendship level high enough to give me any info about what's bothering her or the Florida trip. There's no dialogue for Brittany about the USB and I can't trigger the Text quest. Frank won't speak to me any further past his third dialogue, he won't give me any of the fetch quests or anything. Rachael has no hints other than the ones where she tells you a little about each person. Completely confused. Not sure if there's a play order or if triggering too many quests at once bungs it up. I've tried doing single quests at a time. I just can't get Frank to give me any quests. Any help would be lovely.

badmojo90

Postby badmojo90 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Sodyaler wrote:I'm stuck. I've progressed to this exact point about 4 times. I have Steph and Katherine maxed out waiting for their liquor. I was told what was on the usb. Rachael won't tell me about the safe unless I get Madison to tell me about her Florida trip but I can't get Madisons friendship level high enough to give me any info about what's bothering her or the Florida trip. There's no dialogue for Brittany about the USB and I can't trigger the Text quest. Frank won't speak to me any further past his third dialogue, he won't give me any of the fetch quests or anything. Rachael has no hints other than the ones where she tells you a little about each person. Completely confused. Not sure if there's a play order or if triggering too many quests at once bungs it up. I've tried doing single quests at a time. I just can't get Frank to give me any quests. Any help would be lovely.

oki doki so Ashley asks you to find out whats bothering madison, you then try asking her, she'll feed you a line but tell you nothing, then go ask Rachael turns out its about frank, this line leads you to franks story which wins over madison, listen closely to the dialogue a lot of people seem to get stuck simple because they skip.

Sodyaler

Postby Sodyaler » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:06 am

badmojo90 wrote:
Sodyaler wrote:I'm stuck. I've progressed to this exact point about 4 times. I have Steph and Katherine maxed out waiting for their liquor. I was told what was on the usb. Rachael won't tell me about the safe unless I get Madison to tell me about her Florida trip but I can't get Madisons friendship level high enough to give me any info about what's bothering her or the Florida trip. There's no dialogue for Brittany about the USB and I can't trigger the Text quest. Frank won't speak to me any further past his third dialogue, he won't give me any of the fetch quests or anything. Rachael has no hints other than the ones where she tells you a little about each person. Completely confused. Not sure if there's a play order or if triggering too many quests at once bungs it up. I've tried doing single quests at a time. I just can't get Frank to give me any quests. Any help would be lovely.

oki doki so Ashley asks you to find out whats bothering madison, you then try asking her, she'll feed you a line but tell you nothing, then go ask Rachael turns out its about frank, this line leads you to franks story which wins over madison, listen closely to the dialogue a lot of people seem to get stuck simple because they skip.

I've gotten the line from Racheal saying it has something to do with Frank because they dated. But after that I get no new dialogue from Frank. I've read all the text from each character because it's more interesting that the actual canon of the original. I'm just not getting anything from Frank to trigger

Jabberfgj

Postby Jabberfgj » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:44 am

I am stuck. I am in the investigation part and have talked to everyone apart from Stephanie and Patrick who both say I am not friendly enough to ask them about it but there is no other possible quests to do. I have the USB and know who sent the message but I can not do anything with it as no one seems to want it. I cant get more friendly with either of them and Rachel refuses to talk to me about either of them more. This is the second time I have restarted and run into the same issue.

Update

Good news, I am a idiot. I watched a Youtube video of it and found out about the Soda. Everything's moved forward now.

Jim6989

Postby Jim6989 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:27 pm

Hey, Ive given your game a run through, it was well made, and all in all Im really happy with it

Though some things have annoyed me quite a lot

1. Whenever you finish having sex with a girl, she stands on the bed and you cant interact with her, she wont leave it by herself and you have to push her on the carpet, like with your hitbox. If you get her in a corner, theres no way you can have sex with any other girls (as they are to shy to show what they can do) or get her off.

2. You have to push people outside the bedroom, and appearently they seem to gravitate towards the stairs and the bedroom door, so Im pushing people around for a lot of time and it gets on your nerves quite a lot. So Maybe just include a preference for the people to be downstairs or in the back rooms and that should be solved.

Thats basically everything I can complain about, the rest is pretty straight forward.

So all in all, I like your version, when Im not ragepushing everyone down the stairs ;)

(Intended as positive criticism)

J

kirel

Postby kirel » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:57 pm

The girls getting stuck on the bed post-sex are a game issue, not an issue with the custom story. Hopefully this will be fixed in 0.7.x. As to people getting stuck in rooms/stairs, you can use the console by pressing the ~ key then typing "walkto [name] [location]" and they will move of their own accord. I usually send them to the kitchen or garage when I want privacy. ;)

badmojo90

Postby badmojo90 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:27 am

Sodyaler wrote:
badmojo90 wrote:

I've gotten the line from Racheal saying it has something to do with Frank because they dated. But after that I get no new dialogue from Frank. I've read all the text from each character because it's more interesting that the actual canon of the original. I'm just not getting anything from Frank to trigger

i think theres a step where you need to talk to ashley and/or madi again and then rachel again before frank starts talking

ItsSuperNova

Postby ItsSuperNova » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:51 pm

I have two questions;
One, where is the thermostat? I looked everywhere and I can't find it.
Two, How much friendship do you have to have for Katherine to spill about the cell phone jammer? Does she have to have a certain love level? Because I'm BBFS with her.

alphatigers

Postby alphatigers » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:02 pm

Cant figure out how to continue. Have talked to everyone and asked Madison about whats bothering her before i met the req and it wont let me continue with the story. Please tell me how to become a friend before asking her. I have done everything else that is available before i have to check on Madison
Thanks

Return to “House Party Custom Story Showcase”