[Complete Story (Updated to v.1.4)] Mystery Invitation [0.6.5]

Here you can post and share any custom stories you have written with the House Party Custom Story Creator Tool.

Moderators: erasmus, ttant

tombognar9

Re: [Complete Story (Updated to v.1.4)] Mystery Invitation [0.6.5]

Postby tombognar9 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:53 pm

LLLeon2017 wrote:Ah... Ashley's phone from Patrick??

Where is the story line that goes down this route? I just got to the point where I am trying to find a notepad for
Ashley's attempt to play Sherlock Holmes. I can not find the/a note pad anywhere that I can "Take" to give to her!

And now there's an Ashley's phone?? I thought it was get Patrick's phone for Katherine?? And getting Madison's phone
to crack the code for pictures and blackmailing her before giving it back to her. Once Ashley has had her say about
it anyway.

Is there a "FAQ" or Walkthrough for this story we can review to see how lost we are?? LOL

u give her Madison's diary as a notebook.

LLLeon2017

Postby LLLeon2017 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:56 pm

AHHHHH!!!!

Now that actually makes sense. So.. Now I gotta go fetch it!

Thanks!!!

But.. .What about Ashley's phone? I have not run into that storyline
yet.

LLLeon2017

Postby LLLeon2017 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:11 pm

OK... I got the diary to Ashley and it worked but I ran into issues with completing
Brittney's storyline, The interaction when I went back to her after interviewing all
of the guests and filling Ashley in on findings was locked in a loop. It would NOT
move to the next stage or trigger point. After it repeating 4 or 5 times I gave up
and ended the playthrough.

Is there a glitch with Brittney or did I miss something I needed to do for her? OH.
I also ran into a problem getting the Whack Spankiel's. This issue has happened
with other custom stories as well. Even using the console command doesn't work.
The wrong item is added to my inventory but the bottle disappears from the table
or cabnet depending on which game version I am playing the story with.

LLLeon2017

Postby LLLeon2017 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:14 am

This may be on your mind too. I am fairly sure others are thinking it too..

Have you considered using the new custom story creator to rebuild this story for the
game's updated versions like the present 0.8.3? It is a great story and deserves to be
updated to work fully with the new game versions.

This would remove the cabnet doors issue for everyone in the process too!

Just a thought out loud.. :D

evilbefall

Postby evilbefall » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:22 pm

LLLeon2017 wrote:This may be on your mind too. I am fairly sure others are thinking it too..

Have you considered using the new custom story creator to rebuild this story for the
game's updated versions like the present 0.8.3? It is a great story and deserves to be
updated to work fully with the new game versions.

This would remove the cabnet doors issue for everyone in the process too!

Just a thought out loud.. :D
it somthing common in this forum most of the costom stories dont get updated by they planning to ad a update so you can play these old cs stories
no idea when they gonna add it

LLLeon2017

Postby LLLeon2017 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:11 pm

I have several of the older stories and I have played all of them on the game versions
0.7.3, 0.7.7, and now 0.8.3 and so far they seem to do well except for the booze move
and some minor interaction differences with conversation exchanges and the actions
disc. The video glitches and booze issues, especially with the item name/id changes
in the newer game release are the largest motivating reason I would like to see many
of the older stories that have so much effort in developing them by their original OP,
author to live on with the new game code interactions improved.

Some of the stories I have tried out indicated in their details that they only worked
with a certain game version. So far the only ones that had this limitation where the
ones with the older file extension that is apparently no longer recognized by game's
versions 0.7.3 and up. Any stories from 0.6.5 that I have tried play ok and some are
still in my user game story folder.

So.. IF this one, and others I have asked for updated versions of, do get updated to
the new creator and game version I will be of course very happy. For those that do
not get updated.. As long as I can still play them I will make do. Just like now.

This particular story I really like because you actually have to think about how you
interact with the NPCs to make forward progress with the story just as with the OD
original story lines.

Thanks for your feedback! Have a great 2018! :)

evilbefall

Postby evilbefall » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:42 pm

LLLeon2017 wrote:I have several of the older stories and I have played all of them on the game versions
0.7.3, 0.7.7, and now 0.8.3 and so far they seem to do well except for the booze move
and some minor interaction differences with conversation exchanges and the actions
disc. The video glitches and booze issues, especially with the item name/id changes
in the newer game release are the largest motivating reason I would like to see many
of the older stories that have so much effort in developing them by their original OP,
author to live on with the new game code interactions improved.

Some of the stories I have tried out indicated in their details that they only worked
with a certain game version. So far the only ones that had this limitation where the
ones with the older file extension that is apparently no longer recognized by game's
versions 0.7.3 and up. Any stories from 0.6.5 that I have tried play ok and some are
still in my user game story folder.

So.. IF this one, and others I have asked for updated versions of, do get updated to
the new creator and game version I will be of course very happy. For those that do
not get updated.. As long as I can still play them I will make do. Just like now.

This particular story I really like because you actually have to think about how you
interact with the NPCs to make forward progress with the story just as with the OD
original story lines.

Thanks for your feedback! Have a great 2018! :)

i wished the creator of old stories let someone else update the game maybe some other user has a great idea to renew it but need permission from the creator to do it

LLLeon2017

Postby LLLeon2017 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:13 pm

I supposed you could aways ask that story creator if they mind if you expand their story?

Maybe even work out a shared credits deal with them? You never know until you ask!!

If I had any clue how to use the story creator I would sure like to do this with some of
the older game version stories I have found that have a lot of promise under the new
game version engine.

Good luck! :)

evilbefall

Postby evilbefall » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:53 pm

LLLeon2017 wrote:I supposed you could aways ask that story creator if they mind if you expand their story?

Maybe even work out a shared credits deal with them? You never know until you ask!!

If I had any clue how to use the story creator I would sure like to do this with some of
the older game version stories I have found that have a lot of promise under the new
game version engine.

Good luck! :)

same here i have no idea how it works im bad at stuff like that lol

LLLeon2017

Postby LLLeon2017 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:16 pm

I have the same idea. And.. I definately wouldn't want to go down the road of tampering
with someone else's story without their permission to tinker with it in writing and even
with that in my sticky fingers, and/or posted here, I think it only right to included that
creator's contribution and efforts for the original release version of that story before I'd
gone and tampered with it.

It doesn't pay to offend anyone for any reason if you want to continue to have that kind
of freedom..

Return to “House Party Custom Story Showcase”