0.13.0 Alpha Content

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
chimneyfish

0.13.0 Alpha Content

I love the new Patrick-Rachael content! Here are some things I encountered while exploring it. Since it's an alpha, probably you're already aware of these, but just in case I found something unexpected...

Benedict Brahnold path:
1. Give Patrick the thermos and go grab the briefcase before talking to Rachael. Then talk to Rachael and follow her toward the fire pit. She reaches Patrick and begins circling him like a deranged vulture. Her dialog suggests she's still on her way to walking to him. Patrick uses his usual pre-13.0 greeting.
2. Talk to Patrick while he's on the floor in the closet. He uses his usual pre-13.0 greeting. No acknowledgement that he's lying down naked with a key on his cock.
3. Save the game with Rachael and Patrick in the closet, but before any activity has started. On reloading, Patrick is standing up and the key is on the ground instead of where it "belongs."
4. The player sucks off Patrick, instead of Rachael. He gets the key, but now he's stuck in the closet, staring at a happy post-coital Patrick, unable to move. Unstuck player from the console doesn't help.
5. If you tell Rachael to "give it up, it isn't worth it" while sucking off Patrick, Patrick gets dressed, but Rachael is stuck kneeling in front of him with only her BJ dialog. Patrick has only his "nothing but mammals" dialog. Also Patrick has the key ring hanging outside his pants.
6. In the Compubrah dialog, both "I'm definitely ready..." and "Actually, cancel..." are once only dialog lines, so if you use the device a few times, you'll end up with a dialog with only "..." as a response.

Genie in a Brahttle path:
1. When going to the gazebo, if Patrick encounters the player along the way, he stops to talk to the player before actually reaching the gazebo. His dialog is as if they're both standing at the gazebo (i.e., "thanks for coming... my briefcase is on top of this gazebo").
2. If Patrick doesn't encounter the player, he walks to the gazebo and stands there. Once the player walks up to him, he's got his normal dialog. He never delivers the line about his briefcase.
3. Either way, after the player gets the briefcase from the top of the gazebo, Patrick doesn't want it, nor does Rachael. Not sure if this is an actual bug or just me not understanding what to do next...
chimneyfish

Re: 0.13.0 Alpha Content

Another one I just noticed: In his introductory conversation after getting slapped by Rachael, Patrick says: "...I'll just hold on to this wine to wash it down with..." even if the player took the merlot off the ground while Patrick was being slapped.
f0lkh3r099

Same, I can't figure out what to do in "genie in a brah-ttle" after I get the briefcase off the roof. I even console commanded myself the key. doesn't work.
eekdon

Hey thanks for the feedback! Going to push a story hot fix tonight that will fix a few of these items and unlock some additional lines at the end of the "pro-Patrick" route that *should* have been available upon our release on Friday.

We don't have player-NPC blowjob mechanics set up yet so we'll need to tackle that before that dialogue that initiates it becomes a truly functional option.
f0lkh3r099

That makes sense; I had to have Rachael "do the thing" on the Rachael version of that quest. It didn't work when I tried to make the player do it.

Would a hotfix need to redownload the whole game, or just delete the "story" folder and let just that redownload?
eekdon

Hey there, nope. Just restart the application and any updated story files will be grabbed from our servers. Put out another small hot fix today, check it out!
chimneyfish

Here's another bug: the player masturbates and orgasms on Rachael while she's sucking off Patrick. Then, after she's finished with Patrick, Rachael will speak her dialog from after the final dare as if she's just had sex with the player. And thereafter she'll use her "'Sup sex..." greeting.

Also, a minor typo: in her dialog about being a tree hugger, Rachael mentions her beauty "regiment" when she means "regimen." We don't want Katherine making fun of her for not knowing the difference...
eekdon

Hey, thanks again. I'll get these taken care of.