Couple of linux issues (0.10.4)

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
xseeks

Couple of linux issues (0.10.4)

First issue: The x86_64 build segfaults when you try to launch it. x86 build works just fine. From what I've gathered, it's related to the more recent proprietary NVidia drivers (which I have installed), and a workaround has been posted on a unity github page. I can post a link directly if someone wants, but for now, since this is my first post, I'm going to refrain since I don't want to get auto-banned for spamming or something like that.

In any case, the workaround as I've employed it is to write up a launcher script that launches the game like so:

Code: Select all

__GL_GlslUseCollapsedArrays=0 ./HouseParty.x86_64
That does the trick for now.

Second Issue: The linux build is way too dark. Here are a few screenshots to demonstrate:
Collage of screenshots
Collage of screenshots
hpcollage.jpg (229.33 KiB) Viewed 2757 times
It's fairy self-explanatory I think. No idea what's going on really, other than there doesn't seem to be any ambient light and certain 'emitting' surfaces (TV screen, etc.) aren't working. This happens even when using the 32-bit linux build, without the bit of code that disables something or other to get it to launch. For the time being, I can still play the game using Wine, but it's not a great solution since the performance is noticeably worse. This wasn't a problem in 0.9.3.
eekdon

Re: Couple of linux issues (0.10.4)

Weird, it looks almost as if entire lighting/shadow settings just aren't taking effect...we'll look into it but unfortunately leave the entirety of the build process to Unity so it may be something we need to look into with our Unity support staff.