[0.8.8]IsAloneWithPlayer check not working correctly

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
peter980

[0.8.8]IsAloneWithPlayer check not working correctly

What I've noticed is that with 0.8.8 you can be intimate with Amy, in Chasing Amy route, in spare bedroom, even if there are other people in the room.

Looking into Amy.character JSON file, I see there is ''IsAloneWithPlayer' criteria, based on which multiple dialogue responses. But only one of the responses is always triggered.

So I suspect there is an error in the code regarding this check.
eekdon

Re: [0.8.8]IsAloneWithPlayer check not working correctly

Yeah...this is one of six tickets I have assigned for this release cycle involving/impacting Amy. As I mentioned in a separate thread, the last few interactions with her need some refinement. :oops:
peter980

I think IsAloneWithPlayer is breaking for some other characters too (like shooting with Katherine). Usually what happens is that instead of some sort "we are not alone" response, you just get no response when trying talk command.
eekdon

peter980 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:31 pm I think IsAloneWithPlayer is breaking for some other characters too (like shooting with Katherine). Usually what happens is that instead of some sort "we are not alone" response, you just get no response when trying talk command.
IsAloneWithPlayer is handled the same way for all characters; doing anything else would start to get unmanageable mechanics-wise and turn into mom's spaghetti. There's a bit more going on but, we'll address it.