Version 10.4 Won't launch W/O Steam?

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
LLLeon2017

Version 10.4 Won't launch W/O Steam?

I just updated to the new 10.4 game version and made my non-STEAM dependant game folder as I have done with all versions of the game since 7.3 and when I tried to launch it the first time, from the NO-STEAM folder I received a Crash Dump error about the Mono.dll file.

The error.log text shows this at the beginning:

House Party [version: Unity 2017.4.7f1 (de9eb5ca33c5)]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module mono.dll at 0033:d6d0240e.

What does this mean? Has STEAM managed to force Eek Games to set the game versions up to be slaved to their client now? Or. Is there some kind
of other issue going on?

Just to be clear. I have launched the game through STEAM at 10.4. So far it seems to play fine. No errors running it from the STEAM installation folder.

I hope this is an easy fix. You all do great work! Keep it up!

Thanks Eek! Team!
peter980

Re: Version 10.4 Won't launch W/O Steam?

Tried launching directly by running the exe and no Steam active, and it worked for me.
eekdon

Not having any problems running it outside the Steam client. Are you running the current live version or a past beta/testing version?
LLLeon2017

Thanks for the fast suggestions..

I stumbled around with it and got it to run directly from the STEAM folder WITHOUT it launching STEAM like the other games.

So.. I am glad to say that it does still run and play without STEAM. I am just dissappointed that I can't copy it to a NON-STEAM
folder so I can have a set update version to play with since STEAM forces updates on us even if we don't want them. In the case
of this game it's not for game updates as much for being able to run stories with the version of the game they where written for
since engine and developement tools keep changing the game so older stories won't work with the newer game versions as all
know.

Also.. Other than a few freaky flickers the new "positions" work nicely. I tried 69 to see how it was effected by the new graphix
and animations and it's not changed at all. The girl's hand is still in the wrong place and the targeted part of her anatomy is not
close enough to be "realistic" for the action being taken. I hope to see this improved in upcomming updates along with additions
of fondling and kissing??? ANy chances of this?

Keep up the great work!
peter980

LLLeon2017 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:24 pm So.. I am glad to say that it does still run and play without STEAM. I am just dissappointed that I can't copy it to a NON-STEAM
folder so I can have a set update version to play with since STEAM forces updates on us even if we don't want them.
You can copy it to different folder with no problem.

Also you can use Steam beta branch feature to revert game version to one of previous releases.
LLLeon2017

peter980 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:13 am
LLLeon2017 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:24 pm So.. I am glad to say that it does still run and play without STEAM. I am just dissappointed that I can't copy it to a NON-STEAM
folder so I can have a set update version to play with since STEAM forces updates on us even if we don't want them.
You can copy it to different folder with no problem.

Also you can use Steam beta branch feature to revert game version to one of previous releases.
Thanks peter980. I have been toying with it since it seems to run just fine without launching STEAM during loading and this
morning I was actually able to move it and run it from totally outside of the STEAMapps/common folder. I knew it couldn't
be locked down so easily but it seems the client service IS trying.

Team work is a good thing! Feedback and help here is part of that team work.

Best to all of you!! :D