0.9.6 Game loading with no characters in the game

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Frantic

0.9.6 Game loading with no characters in the game

Hi, so basically whenever the game loads up there are no characters in the house whatsoever. All the doors are also closed and can't be opened. I can still pick up and move items, crouch, walk around, but can't interact with anything else and obviously no people since they aren't there. I have no previous saves or anything and it's like this no matter if I load the original or custom stories

Actually, the game did work initially, all I had done was talk to Madison then quit the game to adjuct the graphics settings and resolution etc. But after I rebooted the game everyone was gone and it hasn't worked since

I've reinstalled the game and stories maybe 4 times at this point, I've disabled antivirus stuff, I've tried booting the game with different graphics settings, but nothing seems to be working. I'd appreciate some help, thank you
Last edited by Frantic on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frantic

Re: 0.9.6 Game loading with no characters in the game

UPDATE: After more inspection I'm running an older 0.6.3 version of the game. This leads me to believe the versions of the stories I'm trying to run maybe aren't compatible with the 0.6.3 version, so is there an older version of the original story I could download somewhere? Thanks
peter980

0.8.7 is the oldest version supported by story auto-updater feature.

0.6.3 is ancient. You should upgrade.
eekdon

^^^^ This is correct. We do not source versions of the Original Story that are that old anymore.