9.3 crashes and other problems

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
MistyXXX

9.3 crashes and other problems

9.3 is just horrible bad on crashing, so I deleted it. Problems consist of when setting vsync, it crashes the game. Most of the time the game will not load. Graphics are just terrible on characters; what happened? Also 9.0 won't work, because it won't load the story. Also recreating an account, what happened?
MistyXXX

Re: 9.3 crashes and other problems

Didn't mean to double post thread
MistyXXX

Graphics wise it's blurry looking from a distance and bad lines that make them look like dolls or robots when naked. Just found out your servers have problems loading old versions. Really please stop with the downloading of story check. Like really, just give the game version itself. This downloading original story is useless and creates issues of not playing your game forever!
ttant

:arrow: http://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7 T4 especially
:arrow: http://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8

So lets provide us the game's log of the crash and your hardware specification.
In the meantime, make sure that your graphic driver is up to date for your system.

About the story download at start, it's done because the dev make some improvements and fix story's issues which doesn't need a game engine upgrade.
Ashley_fan

Hi,

There are a couple of issues i found on my first play-through after the update to 0.9.3:

Ashley's top is bugged, she keeps the undone one on after the reward but puts on a done up version as well. This means she wears two tops.

When talking to Ashley, at the firepit, while she is speaking to Patrick she will give the line "You are giving my my cloths back..." that you would have if you had finished Madison's quest and gotten her naked by locking the bathroom doors, and then retuned her cloths after the show. Fortunately this does not give any love or friendship hits but it should not be there.

If you get Ashley's panties she will still wear them in the hot tub. It would be out of character for Ashley to go bottomless so she should be prevented form using the hot tub if you gain her panties.

Love the new lights and textures.

Thanks
Ashley_fan
MistyXXX

I concur on the lighting being good. However, outside seems too dark and gets blurry from a distance. The problem is that it crashes setting the vsync, because it didn't allow me to set it. The game didn't load well at all on 9.3 and loaded sometimes. The game would of looked better if I could set the vsync. 9.0 it crashed with the same issue with vsync. Sometimes I could set the vsync and sometimes not. So I'm very sure it's the game's end and not my graphics drivers. Out of respect, stop tweaking details of lighting and make it work for everyone, get this game done! Hopefully next update will be better. I'm supporting and my friend is too, but sometimes I feel like I'm wasting another $20 support, when really this game is worth $20.
eekdon

Ashley_fan wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:13 pm Hi,

There are a couple of issues i found on my first play-through after the update to 0.9.3:

Ashley's top is bugged, she keeps the undone one on after the reward but puts on a done up version as well. This means she wears two tops.

When talking to Ashley, at the firepit, while she is speaking to Patrick she will give the line "You are giving my my cloths back..." that you would have if you had finished Madison's quest and gotten her naked by locking the bathroom doors, and then retuned her cloths after the show. Fortunately this does not give any love or friendship hits but it should not be there.

If you get Ashley's panties she will still wear them in the hot tub. It would be out of character for Ashley to go bottomless so she should be prevented form using the hot tub if you gain her panties.

Love the new lights and textures.

Thanks
Thanks for the reports; we've got these logged and will tackle them as soon as we're able!
eekdon

MistyXXX wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:16 pm I concur on the lighting being good. However, outside seems too dark and gets blurry from a distance. The problem is that it crashes setting the vsync, because it didn't allow me to set it. The game didn't load well at all on 9.3 and loaded sometimes. The game would of looked better if I could set the vsync. 9.0 it crashed with the same issue with vsync. Sometimes I could set the vsync and sometimes not. So I'm very sure it's the game's end and not my graphics drivers. Out of respect, stop tweaking details of lighting and make it work for everyone, get this game done! Hopefully next update will be better. I'm supporting and my friend is too, but sometimes I feel like I'm wasting another $20 support, when really this game is worth $20.
I understand that the game crashing and the pace of development can be frustrating. Can you give more info on what you mean by it "crashes setting the vsync"? We've never had such a report come in before and we've never experienced that in our team's collective testing.

In terms of why we tweak lights and other things...yeah it's so the game can be enjoyed by as many customers as possible. Every game company does this, you just don't usually see the effects of the process this intimately since generally that work is done prior to a large studio releasing their game. For us, maintaining quality and investigating/tweaking optimization is an ongoing, ingrained process; we're trying to avoid a situation where we pump out huge amounts of content, only for that content to be buggy or make use of cobbled-together graphics or mechanics that cause issues for large numbers of users.
eekdon

MistyXXX wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:37 pm Really please stop with the downloading of story check. Like really, just give the game version itself. This downloading original story is useless and creates issues of not playing your game forever!
This would basically rule out any chance of hot fixing story-based issues after a release...so we won't be doing that.
MistyXXX

It's just that this game's focus has been tweaking graphics way too much that bugs arise a lot. It looked fine, then more tweaks, and more tweaks. It's looking great, but really start focusing on finishing the game rather than tweaking everything by graphics all the time. I know 9.4 has some performance bugs fixed, so hopefully future updates will be better. I don't want to sound rude, but charging for a game that made me pay more worth of actual $20 game worth by updates becomes wasted on my money, when something doesn't work right. It seems rather absurd to charge so much, when there are mishaps of bugs with future updates for some people by optimization, and supporting the game. If I can't get v-sync to work, then that's a problem, by which the game crashing on me. I can get the game to work with v-sync under the start menu section, which the game loaded or sometimes didn't load on 9.3 version of House Party. 9.0 wasn't that much of an issue, but rarely at times would crash if I checked things really fast; had to check it slow. I find this odd, but it's just some bug on graphics menu in game, which will toggle better in future. Just tweak the game performance enough for everyone, finish the game, and improve graphic detail later. I never updated my graphics drivers, the game looks better, and runs better by performance eventually with future updates. So yes it's game version end :| and not my graphics drivers. Thanks for an interesting game.

BTW is 9.0 back on servers? Because the original story wouldn't load. Also hopefully once this game is finally finished, there won't be the need for the download original story version loading check or whatever. Is that correct?