Found issues and minor recommendations?

This forum is for posting any bugs you find with the House Party game. Please do not ask for help with the game in this forum. Use the main House Party forum for that. Only post things that you feel are a problem with the programming or the game not doing what it is supposed to. Each bug listed in this forum will be treated like a ticket and will be marked when it is fixed or resolved.

Moderators: erasmus, ttant

LLLeon2017

Found issues and minor recommendations?

Postby LLLeon2017 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:32 am

Version 8.3 has a great deal of changes that some look great but others may take some getting used to.

With all of the character tweaks and refinements I was surprised to see that four characters still have
need of minor feature improvements. These 4 are Amy, Katherine, Rachael, and Madison. All four of
these ladies missed out on both physics and appearance enhancements with their breasts.

Brittney's improvements are very nice and the physics and nipple improvements are very well done.
The above four ladies could use the same kinds of improvements even though they have smaller sets.

In particular in the nipples. They appear to not be "stimulated" even if they are well motivated by the
responses and comments they make to player interactions which with most "real" nipples respond by
becoming erect as with the other characters and now Brittney's.

I am hoping to see these improvements in the next update.

These are some issues that need attention soon. Most are related to Clipping during interactions of
the player and characters. In particular between player and NPC's interactions when close to walls,
hot tub, and furniture items. Especially if they, or the player is sitting, or laying, when any action is
initiated. I recommend changing the way action initiation begins so that it causes the player and the
girl they are interacting with to move away from the nearest wall or furniture so body parts are not
stuck in the wall or furniture during or after interaction ends. I say this because my avatar has been
caught in the wall several times when the girl suddenly jumped up at the end of the action.

Their sudden movement pushed my avatar into the wall and the furniture we where close to which
trapped my avatar in the wall, and the furniture so I could not move. I had to use the warpto console
command to get out! This happens frequently when they jump up suddenly and we are close to a wall
or piece of furniture. This is one of the number of reasons I have found for why end of action should
be slowed down when the girl "gets up". IE: Make all "after fun" separations more realistic by having
the girl pull away slowly and maybe have her make a comment about how nice the interaction was or
for the ones that seem more kinky or more naughty, a comment about how naughty the fun was so it
gives the player time to react including moving away from the nearby wall or furniture. As well as a
set of comments to make back to her in response to her comment.

The hot tub is still basically a devil's triangle if sex is initiated with a nude lady IN the tub. When any
sex act, including cowgirl, is initiated in the water either the girl or the player disappears under the
tub. In many cases the action disk can not be triggered to change the position to allow for a heads-
up to see what is going on next. Best recommendation I can make is to improve the hot tub's clipping
to prevent anyone from "Falling Through" during intimate interactions of any kind. Besides. Hot tubs
are a very popular place for having sex.. Water fun is a given! Example! When Vickie initiates sex in
the hot tub after the player has gotten performance "under control", her action gets on top of player
cowgirl in a position that appears as if there is an invisible table or bed below the water surface. I'm
not saying initiate the same command series for all hot tub sex acts. This would be too simple. The
action in Vickie and player case should be adjusted so the player is more 'Seated" than laying like in
one of the seats of the tub or perhaps change the tub's design so it has a "Recliner" seat on one side
like many real hot tubs have. This would be a great base change for ALL interactions IN the tub!

Maybe you all could at least put out a quick "anti-clipping" patch, or "Hotfix" to stop player and girl's
bodies and body parts from passing through the walls, furniture, and the bowl of the hot tub while
we wait on all the improvements of the next full on update?

Keep up the great work! Very VERY fun game!

erasmus

Re: Found issues and minor recommendations?

Postby erasmus » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:59 pm

LLLeon2017 wrote:Version 8.3 has a great deal of changes that some look great but others may take some getting used to.

With all of the character tweaks and refinements I was surprised to see that four characters still have
need of minor feature improvements. These 4 are Amy, Katherine, Rachael, and Madison. All four of
these ladies missed out on both physics and appearance enhancements with their breasts.

Brittney's improvements are very nice and the physics and nipple improvements are very well done.
The above four ladies could use the same kinds of improvements even though they have smaller sets.

In particular in the nipples. They appear to not be "stimulated" even if they are well motivated by the
responses and comments they make to player interactions which with most "real" nipples respond by
becoming erect as with the other characters and now Brittney's.

I am hoping to see these improvements in the next update.

These are some issues that need attention soon. Most are related to Clipping during interactions of
the player and characters. In particular between player and NPC's interactions when close to walls,
hot tub, and furniture items. Especially if they, or the player is sitting, or laying, when any action is
initiated. I recommend changing the way action initiation begins so that it causes the player and the
girl they are interacting with to move away from the nearest wall or furniture so body parts are not
stuck in the wall or furniture during or after interaction ends. I say this because my avatar has been
caught in the wall several times when the girl suddenly jumped up at the end of the action.

Their sudden movement pushed my avatar into the wall and the furniture we where close to which
trapped my avatar in the wall, and the furniture so I could not move. I had to use the warpto console
command to get out! This happens frequently when they jump up suddenly and we are close to a wall
or piece of furniture. This is one of the number of reasons I have found for why end of action should
be slowed down when the girl "gets up". IE: Make all "after fun" separations more realistic by having
the girl pull away slowly and maybe have her make a comment about how nice the interaction was or
for the ones that seem more kinky or more naughty, a comment about how naughty the fun was so it
gives the player time to react including moving away from the nearby wall or furniture. As well as a
set of comments to make back to her in response to her comment.

The hot tub is still basically a devil's triangle if sex is initiated with a nude lady IN the tub. When any
sex act, including cowgirl, is initiated in the water either the girl or the player disappears under the
tub. In many cases the action disk can not be triggered to change the position to allow for a heads-
up to see what is going on next. Best recommendation I can make is to improve the hot tub's clipping
to prevent anyone from "Falling Through" during intimate interactions of any kind. Besides. Hot tubs
are a very popular place for having sex.. Water fun is a given! Example! When Vickie initiates sex in
the hot tub after the player has gotten performance "under control", her action gets on top of player
cowgirl in a position that appears as if there is an invisible table or bed below the water surface. I'm
not saying initiate the same command series for all hot tub sex acts. This would be too simple. The
action in Vickie and player case should be adjusted so the player is more 'Seated" than laying like in
one of the seats of the tub or perhaps change the tub's design so it has a "Recliner" seat on one side
like many real hot tubs have. This would be a great base change for ALL interactions IN the tub!

Maybe you all could at least put out a quick "anti-clipping" patch, or "Hotfix" to stop player and girl's
bodies and body parts from passing through the walls, furniture, and the bowl of the hot tub while
we wait on all the improvements of the next full on update?

Keep up the great work! Very VERY fun game!

Yeah, those four girls have not been optimized or touched up in terms of their models and such. We will get to them over the course of upcoming updates. Clipping is not going to be easily fixable, but the interactions within the Original Story should not be causing any issues consistently. The game isn't currently designed for the characters to be able to do it anywhere, anytime, in any of the available positions in as "smooth" a fashion as the scripted Original Story occur. At least, not yet :) Also bear in mind that custom story sexual interactions may be scripted by their creator in any number of ways, and many of these implementations may be have been designed with "fantasy" in mind with little to no consideration for what the engine is capable of at this time (which is a fine approach; players shouldn't need to feel like they MUST work within our limitations), and console commands are purely designed for debugging use or for working around failures on our end or purely for fun. We are hoping to approach a much more universal-esque intimacy system as we continue to develop the engine.

Edit: the hot tub sexual acts that are part of the original story should have had their performance and jitters worked out when other NPCs are also in the tub. We'll have to take another look at that.
Erasmus
Quality Assurance and Customer Experience Manager

LLLeon2017

Postby LLLeon2017 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:19 pm

Hello erasmus,

The incidents with melting into the floor, hottub, etc have all happened during play of the
original story. It appears that if conditions are right, IE no one else is around and player is
exposed as well as the NPC sexual acts can still be initiated in places other than just the
master bedroom bed. On mulitple runs with Katherine for example when she says "Yes" to
going somewhere more private, for another go, she has even melted into the bed. At least
her elbows and feet in the related positions. In fact. When in cowgirl I have noted there is
a gap between bed and avatar/npc during this act like the "exstacy" is that heavenly.. LOL.

I have seen this in some custom games as well. Every time has been in the bed though. No
matter which NPC the action is with.

As far as the floor and grass. This I think was actually during custom stories but under the
8.3 story release. With 7.3 and 7.4 this was not happening. At least no where but in the
hottub. Having the tub between the screen view and NPC does make it hard to change an
act position because it blocks the action disc trigger when trying to look at the NPC.

As far as original story. I used console commands with 8.3 to test multiple NPC interaction
in various positions to see if the original story did the same thing and it did. That made it
seem that the issue needed to be addressed in the original story first to lead to correcting
it in custom stories based on the 8.3 release since there where apparently changes to the
main story that effected this when it wasn't as bad in 7.3 or even 7.7 as it is when running
custom stories from the 8.3 game version.

And in case this makes you wonder.. Yes! I have been playing multiple custom stories with
all 3 game versions that I have had access to, including earlier 6.5 based custom stories. I
have only had to use console commands with these when running into location issues for
booze, etc with the move of the booze from the table to the cabnet with 7.7 and up. SO
far I have not had any problems running these stories with any version other than issues in
those stories that are repeated in any game version. SO.. I would say that despite various
expected limitations based on the editor/creator versions and game versions there aren't
as many conflicts and incompatibilities as one might expect. Even playing the older creator
created stories on 8.3 which has been pretty cool with the newer character graphix.

You all have created a really fun game base to build off of no matter what version or story
creator is used. At least from my experience so far. Keep it up!

Oh.. By the way.. Is there a full on instruction manual/FAQ/walkthrough for learing how
to use the story creators? I have the pre-7.7 as well as the post 7.7 to play with but have
not been able to get past loading screens with either yet. I got an error with one of the
third party programs one of the calls for but I can't remember which one and what app.

Thanks agin!

erasmus

Postby erasmus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:41 am

Hey sorry for the delay. At this time there's no additional instructions other than the video Bobby put up on the main games.eekllc.com page months ago. We're trying to find the time to put a whole new, fully featured tutorial vid together but, well, time's one thing we're always lacking!

Alright, we'll continue to look into the clipping issues. Unfortunately the console and custom stories we def cannot guarantee perfect behavior from at this time, but in time hopefully we can get intimacy scenes to function well just about anywhere! Thanks again!
Erasmus

LLLeon2017

Postby LLLeon2017 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:43 am

No biggy erasmus.

I have been waddling through and finding out how to do things while playing. The tutorial is
fairly informative for the basics but things like console commands and variations in these to
match the game versions might be a nice addon for the main forum page since there seems
to be so much interest in what can be and what can't be done through the game console.

Other than melting or sinking into the floor or grass during horizontal mambo fun and the
few random direction glitches when moving and changing direction which happened in all
versions back to 0.7.3, which was the first version I played, the "Auto-walk forward" that
has also started randomly with 0.8.3 has been weird. Easy to correct. So far..

But the clipping issues seem to be the worst of it from what I have experienced.

That is of course all with the original game. Some have happened when playing custom
stories under the 0.8.3 but they don't seem to happen when playing custom stories under
game versions 0.7.7 and 0.7.3. Including Auto-Walk.

I was checking out the version page info on the testing version out now. The changes so
far sound great! With the improvements included in 0.8.3 that where not listed in the
testing version list before it as a model it is very promising to see what else is included
in the official release come next month or shortly after.

erasmus

Postby erasmus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:43 am

LLLeon2017 wrote:No biggy erasmus.

I have been waddling through and finding out how to do things while playing. The tutorial is
fairly informative for the basics but things like console commands and variations in these to
match the game versions might be a nice addon for the main forum page since there seems
to be so much interest in what can be and what can't be done through the game console.

Other than melting or sinking into the floor or grass during horizontal mambo fun and the
few random direction glitches when moving and changing direction which happened in all
versions back to 0.7.3, which was the first version I played, the "Auto-walk forward" that
has also started randomly with 0.8.3 has been weird. Easy to correct. So far..

But the clipping issues seem to be the worst of it from what I have experienced.

That is of course all with the original game. Some have happened when playing custom
stories under the 0.8.3 but they don't seem to happen when playing custom stories under
game versions 0.7.7 and 0.7.3. Including Auto-Walk.

I was checking out the version page info on the testing version out now. The changes so
far sound great! With the improvements included in 0.8.3 that where not listed in the
testing version list before it as a model it is very promising to see what else is included
in the official release come next month or shortly after.

Yeah, I've thought about visualizing the console but...where oh where do I get the time? :| It's a hard thing to write documentation for since it does actually allow a LOT of access to the House Party systems. Just like the clipping issues...we'll get there!

Glad the new content/changes are up your alley! Plenty more where those came from :)
Erasmus

Return to “House Party Bug/Issue Reports”