oops in 0.7.7

This forum is for posting any bugs you find with the House Party game. Please do not ask for help with the game in this forum. Use the main House Party forum for that. Only post things that you feel are a problem with the programming or the game not doing what it is supposed to. Each bug listed in this forum will be treated like a ticket and will be marked when it is fixed or resolved.

Moderators: erasmus, ttant

LLLeon2017

oops in 0.7.7

Postby LLLeon2017 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:31 pm

Hey guys!!

I found an OOPS...

Seems that after moving the booze to the cabnet you forgot to change "Middle of the table" part of the
line about the Thermos when we "examine" it.

I think there where a couple of other missed lines related but this one kind of sticks out since player is
interacting with the thermos more than other items due to interactions with both Rachael and Frank on
the thermos.

Just wanted to let you all know.

ALSO.. I have had a couple of glitches during conversations with other characters when you hear Frank
punching Patrick after telling him that Patrick is holding. It broke my converstion with Stephanie at one
point and with Ashley during another play.

On the Patrick and Brittney conversations.. Can you fix it so that we can continue to move when these
conversation happen? I have had screen freeze during these that has broken other actions I am in the
middle of when they just start suddenly when unexpected. If they did not FREEZE player action it may
fix the breaking issue. This has been a real problem when I am having conversations with characters of
my own.

I have also had issues with mouse look jumping when I start to move with WSDA keys while moving the
mouse look. This has been a problem with doorways and the staircase entry/departure top or bottom.
It happens with varied intensity and I have tried moving the display settings in the launcher panel but
it has had NO effect on this. I am running a 4.0ghz 8 channel AMD processor and 8 GB of ram so my PC
is considered fairly effective for high end games.

I also noticed a flaw in the roof design on the gazebo.. The roofing tiles are layed the wrong way if you
consider trying to be true to some real-world common items.. The way they are layed is reversed from
what they should be. Real world this would channel rain water INTO the stucture and not off the edge
of the roof.. Just a cosmetic thing but flipping the panels might fix it next time you do any design mods
like repainting the house. Which looks really great by the way! Much easier on the eyes and motionblur.

Great job! Keep it up!

erasmus

Re: oops in 0.7.7

Postby erasmus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:40 pm

LLLeon2017 wrote:Hey guys!!

I found an OOPS...

Seems that after moving the booze to the cabnet you forgot to change "Middle of the table" part of the
line about the Thermos when we "examine" it.

I think there where a couple of other missed lines related but this one kind of sticks out since player is
interacting with the thermos more than other items due to interactions with both Rachael and Frank on
the thermos.

Just wanted to let you all know.

ALSO.. I have had a couple of glitches during conversations with other characters when you hear Frank
punching Patrick after telling him that Patrick is holding. It broke my converstion with Stephanie at one
point and with Ashley during another play.

On the Patrick and Brittney conversations.. Can you fix it so that we can continue to move when these
conversation happen? I have had screen freeze during these that has broken other actions I am in the
middle of when they just start suddenly when unexpected. If they did not FREEZE player action it may
fix the breaking issue. This has been a real problem when I am having conversations with characters of
my own.

I have also had issues with mouse look jumping when I start to move with WSDA keys while moving the
mouse look. This has been a problem with doorways and the staircase entry/departure top or bottom.
It happens with varied intensity and I have tried moving the display settings in the launcher panel but
it has had NO effect on this. I am running a 4.0ghz 8 channel AMD processor and 8 GB of ram so my PC
is considered fairly effective for high end games.

I also noticed a flaw in the roof design on the gazebo.. The roofing tiles are layed the wrong way if you
consider trying to be true to some real-world common items.. The way they are layed is reversed from
what they should be. Real world this would channel rain water INTO the stucture and not off the edge
of the roof.. Just a cosmetic thing but flipping the panels might fix it next time you do any design mods
like repainting the house. Which looks really great by the way! Much easier on the eyes and motionblur.

Great job! Keep it up!

Hi, thanks for the feedback and support. We're aware of the changes needed to lines re: Frank's "table", just need to make the story dialogue changes and then we can get those done in a future batch of voice acting.

What do you mean your conversation with Stephanie and Ashley "broke" when Frank punches Patrick? Like it gets interrupted? Or...fails at a later point?

Other players have also reported the mouse jumpiness...is your frame rate/performance otherwise smooth? What GPU are you using? We are currently looking into that as well.

We'll see what we can do with the rest of the feedback!

LLLeon2017

Postby LLLeon2017 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Thanks for the response.

I am using the nVidia GeForce GT950 2GB memory video card with the latest drivers as of mid October. My
frame rates are fairly high. 60 fps and up with most games I play. Right now I have the video setting for the
game set at "Beautiful" and it ran great at 0.7.3. The mouse and movement glitch started with 0.7.7 with my
first play but I had it set at the highest setting. I turned it down to beautiful and no change. I tried lower and
still no change so I moved it back to Beautiful because that was the default setting when I first installed it.

And the broken interaction/conversations is totally broken. I can target them but the mouse click doesn't
work to bring up the action disk so I can't select anything so NONE of the scripts are available for the girl
or for me. I found it happens with Frank's fight with Patrick and it has now happened when Patrick talks
to Brittney about getting his phone back before he gets sober as well as after I get him sober.

This now adds another reason for my previous request that you all consider changing the action during his
conversation with Brittney so that the player's actions are not stopped or interfered with. During play I can
hear random voice interactions between characters from time to time and they do not freeze player action
which does not interfere with my play. Maybe this could be added to the Pat and Brit conversations??

I hope this information helps you figure out the mouse issue soon.

erasmus

Postby erasmus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:15 am

LLLeon2017 wrote:Thanks for the response.

This now adds another reason for my previous request that you all consider changing the action during his
conversation with Brittney so that the player's actions are not stopped or interfered with. During play I can
hear random voice interactions between characters from time to time and they do not freeze player action
which does not interfere with my play. Maybe this could be added to the Pat and Brit conversations??

Do you mean the exclamations of "whoa!" or screams or laughs? Pop-up dialogue that the player has the ability to directly respond to always stops his movement, as that brings up the dialogue canvas which has movement and rotation-lock properties. The random sounds or brief exclamations made by characters are just reactions with SFX so they do not use the same mechanic.

We've got some work on various mechanics to do before we could consider complete free-roam during player-interactive-NPC dialogue but we DO like the idea of complete player freedom so...keep an eye on future patch notes!

LLLeon2017

Postby LLLeon2017 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:14 pm

There doesn't seem to be any "interferance" with player movement during the various
squeels and giggles about things like Steph dancing topless.

The freeze of player movements is only during actual "full-on" conversations between
Brittney and Patrick from my experiences so far.

The screen freezes during player conversations with NPCs as prescribed with right click
of mouse allowing movement of view. This is limited during "sexual activity" with NPCs
to looking at the NPC you are with.. Semi-normal except for the action freezing when
another NPC walks into the scene and makes a statement that player must respond to
to get the screen unlocked.

This could be changed so their comments do not stop player interaction with the NPC
player is engaged with at that point.

I do like some of the new lines though.. Very commical considering some of the NPCs
then turn around and, sit if a seat is there, and watch the action..

teddiebear

Postby teddiebear » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:09 pm

So can we actually complete the quest ?
And how to examine the thermos? Im having hard time to open the cabnet.

erasmus

Postby erasmus » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:54 am

teddiebear wrote:So can we actually complete the quest ?
And how to examine the thermos? Im having hard time to open the cabnet.

The quest can be completed, yes. If you're having a hard time opening the cabinet, it is a bug we are aware of and are going to fix. In the meantime open the command console with the ` or ~ key, and type the following two lines, hitting enter after each one:

door open CabinetLeft
door open CabinetRight

Return to “House Party Bug/Issue Reports”