[0.8.8] Whole save gone and weird voice line glitch?

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Tonytheslayer14

[0.8.8] Whole save gone and weird voice line glitch?

While using a save i have been working on for a few days now i messed up and went to go reload it but for some reason when i loaded it Vickie Vixen was present (i didn't do anything to start that) and when i proceed to talk to all of the girls, all my social progress with all of them has disappeared but i have the ability to "do the dirty" with all of them even with no progress. and on top of that continuing to go with the act the orgasm bar will not fill and weirder still when i go to load a new game to restart the same thing happens so i cant even start for scratch ether. also when the save is load i experience a huge difference in performance and stability. anyone else have this problem?
Attachments
here is an example of the voice line issue
here is an example of the voice line issue
20180405151404_1.jpg (391.41 KiB) Viewed 5885 times
ttant

Re: Whole save gone and weird voice line glitch?

Which version of the game did you play ?
eekdon

Tonytheslayer14 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:01 pm im using 0.8.8
Hi, a few questions/steps:
  • Are you a Steam user, Patreon patron, i.e. what platform did you obtain House Party/House Party updates through?
  • At the bottom of the title screen (with the Load Game, Start New Game, etc.), it says 0.8.8?
  • Please navigate to the following folder on your PC: C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eek\House Party\Saves. It should look generally like this: https://imgur.com/frkb3zl What folders are within \Saves on your system? You should be able to open a few of these folders (or search in the file explorer) and find the save file you are trying to load. Is it in the 0.8.8 folder? Your actual saves should be structured generally like this: https://imgur.com/20gLtwf
  • Go to the following folder on your PC: C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories\Original Story. Double click on Original Story.story. Open with NotePad or any other .txt editor you prefer. At the top of the file, what is the HousePartyVersion?
  • One thing you can try is: exit House Party entirely. Go to C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories\. Delete the Original Story folder, and all files within it. Restart the 0.8.8 version of House Party. Once the game says the newest stories are downloaded (it does this once, each time House Party loads into the title screen), select Original Story, and try loading your saved game again.
Tonytheslayer14

erasmus wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:38 am
Tonytheslayer14 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:01 pm im using 0.8.8
Hi, a few questions/steps:
  • Are you a Steam user, Patreon patron, i.e. what platform did you obtain House Party/House Party updates through?
  • At the bottom of the title screen (with the Load Game, Start New Game, etc.), it says 0.8.8?
  • Please navigate to the following folder on your PC: C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eek\House Party\Saves. It should look generally like this: https://imgur.com/frkb3zl What folders are within \Saves on your system? You should be able to open a few of these folders (or search in the file explorer) and find the save file you are trying to load. Is it in the 0.8.8 folder? Your actual saves should be structured generally like this: https://imgur.com/20gLtwf
  • Go to the following folder on your PC: C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories\Original Story. Double click on Original Story.story. Open with NotePad or any other .txt editor you prefer. At the top of the file, what is the HousePartyVersion?
  • One thing you can try is: exit House Party entirely. Go to C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories\. Delete the Original Story folder, and all files within it. Restart the 0.8.8 version of House Party. Once the game says the newest stories are downloaded (it does this once, each time House Party loads into the title screen), select Original Story, and try loading your saved game again.
Steam user
at the bottom it did say 0.8.8
i only have the 0.8.8 folder where my saves are located
and at the top of the story doc it says 0.8.8
and the deleting trick might have helped but as im writing this the game got an update and my save files are no there. im now on version 0.9.3
eekdon

Re: [0.8.8] Whole save gone and weird voice line glitch?

See this post: http://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=246

Saved games do not carry over between game versions due to how many changes get made between updates. Steam, Patreon, and GameJolt have mechanisms in place to allow you to roll back to some previous versions and therefore use those old saves, but as of now there is no way to combine an old save version (which, in its data, uses old mechanics based on old code, old story content, etc.) with new updates.

Since you are a Steam user you can follow the steps in the link above that guide you through how to roll back to a previous version in order to play old saves. But, 0.9.3 will require new games to be made and saved.