Alternate inventory icons

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
chimneyfish

Alternate inventory icons

I see this interesting feature in the 1.0.2.2 release notes: "CSC: added support for up to two alternate inventory icons using setinventoryicon". I also see the Set Inventory Icon option in the CSC itself.

Any guidance on how to use this? What goes in the open-ended value field that goes with Set Inventory Icon? A file name? If so, what guidance is there on file format and dimensions? How would we distribute this file with a custom story?
eekdon

Re: Alternate inventory icons

Nah, it is just an integer/index ID. Check out what was done for the DLiciousOutfit in the Original Story. There is no way to set custom icons.
chimneyfish

Aha, I misinterpreted "alternate" as "custom." I was hoping this was a workaround for those few items that are still missing icons (specifically the red solo cups). Oh well.
eekdon

Nah, nothing so fancy. Wish I had time to enable CUSTOMIZENING ALL THE THINGS!
Danlancelot

Is there any way to know what these alternate icons look like or which items have them? Either the location of the folder/files being used or just a list of which items have alternates. I've looked around and can't find anything, so I don't know how you could ever figure out that the Dino outfit had a different icon or that you should use ID number 2