View problem when running

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
diliGent

View problem when running

I started a new story from the blank story template. I was doing some experiments and realized that when running, my view would drop down to about shoulder height at seemly random intervals. Like the player was falling through the floor or limping randomly. However, when running up the steps or across the gazebo or otherwise making any vertical step changes, instead of just a dip or a bob, the view shakes like a seizure and impedes the players movement.

I re-duplicated a fresh blank story and just loaded it up (with no additions or modifications or anything) and the problem remained. The original story doesn't have the issue. Custom stories I've downloaded don't have the issue. Even old unfinished stories I've done myself don't have the issue -but every new story I attempt seems to have the problem.

I'm using 2021.0.3.0f1 with hpcsc0.22.0 -I know that's not the version they say to use on the download page, but I think it's a lot newer. That's not an issue is it?

Has anybody had this problem before?
ttant

Re: View problem when running

diliGent wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:06 pm I'm using 2021.0.3.0f1 with hpcsc0.22.0 -I know that's not the version they say to use on the download page, but I think it's a lot newer. That's not an issue is it?
In theory, the CSC and the game are not correlated. Both use unity3d but not the same : the game has its own version embedded (otherwise player have to install unity3d before playing, which is not the case).

Using wrong unity3d version in CSC may provokes some issues within the editor, but not the game itself, expect if editor wrote wrong/bad values where it should not.
Only way to be sure, install and run the expected version.