[0.9.2] Unable to progress in Madison prank quest, if you do not have Diary in advance

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
peter980

[0.9.2] Unable to progress in Madison prank quest, if you do not have Diary in advance

The way how I understand how are things supposed to work with 0.9.2

If you do have a lot of trust with Ashley:
Giving diary, after starting prank quest will lead to different quest with Ashley pranking Madison

If you do not have a lot of trust with Ashley:
Giving diary should progress old quest with washing Ashley clothes and maybe pranking her for Madison

But I'm unable to trigger this older quest in following condition.
If you have diary, when giving towel, it will work.

But, if you do not have diary at that time. Giving it later, will not enable the dialogue for her to get to her room.

I checked triggers in original story scripts.

There is check there that blocks this quest if you give diary to Madison (GaveDiaryAshley variable).

Yet for other checks to pass, like completing invasion of privacy quest, do you need to give diary to Ashley (thus setting GaveDiaryAshley=1).

The reason why the scenario with having diary up front works, is that it does not set GaveDiaryAshley=1, which is only set if you give diary with Give command, and not through conversation.
eekdon

Re: [0.9.2] Unable to progress in Madison prank quest, if you do not have Diary in advance

I'm not experiencing this. If you have 3 or 5 trust, once you get to the point where you have Madison's phone and give it to Ashley OR when Ashley is asking for the diary to prove your trustworthiness, you can pursue either without already having the diary in your possession. Do you have debug logs to clarify what you are experiencing?

We fixed the debug log "Save to Log" function, BTW. Well, mostly fixed. It spits out events and exceptions but needs some cleanup, timestamps, and formatting changes.
peter980

Re: [0.9.2] Unable to progress in Madison prank quest, if you do not have Diary in advance

Let me check again...

Here is the save.

There is 3 trust points with Ashley, Madison has her whole, and diary is not taken, Towel in inventory.

If you give towel to Ashely, you will not get option to have her go to her room to change (old content).

If you on other hand take diary and then give towel, you will get option to have her go to her room.
Attachments
Test1.zip
(313.33 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
peter980

Actually, Ashley trust does not matter for this issue.

Here is another save.
Have towel, no diary.

Giving towel, then diary as separate action: no dialogue to go to Ashley room
Giving towel, while having diary in inventoru: shows dialogue to go to Ashley room
Attachments
Test2.zip
(312.99 KiB) Downloaded 333 times