House Party Crash - Steam

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
bubbajmt99

House Party Crash - Steam

Ever since I updated to 0.8.7 & 0.8.8 the game has crashed with the dialog shown in the attachments. I have also tried to attach the error log but it doesn't seem to be attached.
dialog box
dialog box
HousePartyFailureDialogCapture.PNG (30.73 KiB) Viewed 14813 times
I have been playing this game prior to the latest updates in Windows 7. I am now using Windows 10.
bubbajmt99

Re: House Party Crash - Steam

output_log.7z
output log
(3.21 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
Here is the output log that I did not get attached to my original input.
ttant

Make sure:
:arrow: That windows is up-to date
:arrow: That amd gpu driver is up to date (at least catalyst Adrenalin 18.1.1)
:arrow: Make sure your computer doesn't go out of ram, close everything that is not house party related (web-browser especially)

Also try to run the game without using steam. The exe to run is this one :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\House Party\HouseParty.exe

Anyhow, it seems to be an unity3d error, so it might require the upgrade of the game engine
@erasmus: https://forum.unity.com/threads/u5-3-er ... ss.413565/, especially the last page
Ben Magoo

Try to uninstall and reinstall House Party in Steam. I had that a while back and noticed reinstalling fixed it. Something might have gotten corrupted when it changed update version.
eekdon

Alright I've passed it on to our lead dev...I don't see anything immediately indicating it is us for sure, but we'll look into it. I would also recommend reinstalling the game, running the game without using Steam, and also close down as many other non-critical applications as you can when playing.
bubbajmt99

I have re-installed the game on the desktop computer and made sure the AMD driver is up to date (which it was) for the AMD Radeon RX460 4GB. I did try to run the game outside of Steam and got the same error dialog.

The computer is a Mac Pro late 2012 running as a pure PC under Bootcamp running the latest version of Windows 10 (up to date). It has a 3.46Ghz 6-core Xeon with 48 GB of RAM so meeting game requirements is not a problem.

Before upgrading to Windows 10, I had previously played the game under Windows 7 without any issues on the same Mac under Bootcamp.

I will, update the Unity engine and see how it goes on the desktop.

FYI, I also have a Lenovo laptop PC that I downloaded the game from Steam and the game runs fine on that computer.

Thanks for the help. Love the game......
eekdon

Updating the Unity Engine won't be necessary as the game doesn't pull from any local Unity installs when running. It's a fully standalone executable. What *might* be relevant is any Microsoft .NET components running on the BootCamp install, and basically anything specific to Windows from this link, section T4: http://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7

Curious though, that it ran fine under Windows 7. Any other differences between that BC Windows implementation and your current one other than the OS version?

Thanks for your support! :D
bubbajmt99

One thing that might be the difference is that I had to pull the NVIDIA GTX 970 from my Mac and replaced it with the Radeon RX460 due to driver issues with Mac OS 10.12.6. The game ran fine with the 970 when it was installed so it could just be that the AMD card & Unity do not like each other (which is what I thought that I saw at some of your links from your previous reply).

The Lenovo laptop that I have has an NVIDIA GTX 1050 and the game runs fine on that PC so I will uninstall off the Mac's PC volume & just use the PC laptop.

Thanks for your help and you can consider this issue OBE....
eekdon

All good, it happens to all of us ;)