Walk Foward Constantly! Bug! v.0.8.3 on Steam

This forum is for posting any bugs you find with the House Party game. Please do not ask for help with the game in this forum. Use the main House Party forum for that. Only post things that you feel are a problem with the programming or the game not doing what it is supposed to. Each bug listed in this forum will be treated like a ticket and will be marked when it is fixed or resolved.

Moderators: erasmus, ttant

korbeskorner

Walk Foward Constantly! Bug! v.0.8.3 on Steam

Postby korbeskorner » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:52 pm

hello,
So I just tried v.0.8.3 on steam for the 1st time & I played for 5 minutes when suddenly I found myself walking
forward without touching the keyboard!
I loaded & was still moving forward. I closed the game, went in & started a new game. still moving forward!
My game is broken now! Is there a button I pressed to make me constantly walk forward or is this a really bad gug????

Here's a video of the bug = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D9Hs2xyQ6g

ttant

Re: Walk Foward Constantly! Bug! v.0.8.3 on Steam

Postby ttant » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:42 pm

This can be a known issue, especially if you have another controller plugged. So check that you don't have any "useless" usb device plugged when playing (joystick, pads)

korbeskorner

Postby korbeskorner » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:48 am

I may have had my xbox 360 controller still plugged in from playing another game.!
I didn't think it would effect a game with no controller options....interesting. Phew! I will try to play without a controller plugged in! lol thanx.

p.s. get rid of the useless dining room table! its just in the way & annoying to get around.

LLLeon2017

Postby LLLeon2017 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:15 am

I have had this happen a few times using Mouse and Keyboard.

I found that if I click movement in another direction and right click my mouse when it
does the action stops and control returns to normal.

Weird bug.. It's only happened 3 or 4 times at random points in the game when I was
interacting with one of the girls.

Taka

Postby Taka » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:26 am

I'm having this issue too, movement seems to be attached to my Logitech pedals. My character moves backwards if I don't do anything, and it moves forward if I push the clutch pedal.

I haven't set up my pedals to be wired to WASD so it's obviously a game issue. Please fix it.

Taka

Postby Taka » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:58 am

House Party's initial screen allows you to set up the input for the game, but it doesn't let you disable the controller's setting. As a workaround I set up a joystick to replace the pedals, this way the character doesn't move by default.

erasmus

Postby erasmus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:35 am

Yeah the way the game pulls the walking input/axes is indiscriminate of where this data comes from so any plugged-in USB input device *could* wreak havoc with it, even if unused entirely. The default Unity input configuration splash menu isn't the best at addressing it but we're looking into it. Best solutions for now are to unplug extra input devices, or disable/uninstall them (have been told that this works fairly well especially if they're essentially plug and play) in the device manager.
Erasmus
Quality Assurance and Customer Experience Manager

Return to “House Party Bug/Issue Reports”