Ashley Approach Error

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Post Reply
batosiz64
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:45 pm

Ashley Approach Error

I am running into an issue where Ashley keeps approaching me after Julius Squeezer escapes, but will not initiate dialogue. I have tried restarting and loading from an earlier save, but the issue persists. I am currently running 18.2 and have attached a screenshot of the debug menu showing her repeated successful attempts to approach without engaging dialogue.

Has anyone run into this issue? Any recommendations on how to work around it?
Attachments
Debug Console Log Showing Repeated Ashley Approach
Debug Console Log Showing Repeated Ashley Approach
Screenshot (1).png (1.98 MiB) Viewed 934 times
erasmus
Posts: 1348
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:29 pm

Re: Ashley Approach Error

Do you have a save file relevant to this that you could attach? Thanks.
Erasmus
Eek! Games LLC
Vice President, QA & UX
Maryceusz
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:04 am

Re: Ashley Approach Error

erasmus wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:26 am Do you have a save file relevant to this that you could attach? Thanks.
So, I'm not the guy, but I also encountered this error.
Here is the save.
1.7z
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 24 times
erasmus
Posts: 1348
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:29 pm

Re: Ashley Approach Error

Maryceusz wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:09 am So, I'm not the guy, but I also encountered this error.
Here is the save.
1.7z
I see what could be causing it, but can you detail how you arrived at this point? Thanks.
Erasmus
Eek! Games LLC
Vice President, QA & UX
Maryceusz
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:04 am

Re: Ashley Approach Error

erasmus wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:36 pm
Maryceusz wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:09 am So, I'm not the guy, but I also encountered this error.
Here is the save.1.7z
I see what could be causing it, but can you detail how you arrived at this point? Thanks.
I pretty much followed this walkthrough, until this point, where I got stuck:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1283977160

(Leah, Part 1 is where the snake part is).
markiez
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:17 am

Re: Ashley Approach Error

Is the snake problem been sorted yet mybruh?
erasmus
Posts: 1348
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:29 pm

Re: Ashley Approach Error

Maryceusz wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:03 pm
erasmus wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:36 pm
Maryceusz wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:09 am So, I'm not the guy, but I also encountered this error.
Here is the save.1.7z
I see what could be causing it, but can you detail how you arrived at this point? Thanks.
I pretty much followed this walkthrough, until this point, where I got stuck:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1283977160

(Leah, Part 1 is where the snake part is).
Alright thank you. I'll have to give this a run through and see if I can reproduce it. Did you also save/load exactly where the author instructed you to save/load, or did you follow a more direct path through the non-optional parts of the guide?
Erasmus
Eek! Games LLC
Vice President, QA & UX
Maryceusz
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:04 am

Re: Ashley Approach Error

erasmus wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:09 am
Maryceusz wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:03 pm
erasmus wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:36 pm
Maryceusz wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:09 am So, I'm not the guy, but I also encountered this error.
Here is the save.1.7z
I see what could be causing it, but can you detail how you arrived at this point? Thanks.
I pretty much followed this walkthrough, until this point, where I got stuck:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1283977160

(Leah, Part 1 is where the snake part is).
Alright thank you. I'll have to give this a run through and see if I can reproduce it. Did you also save/load exactly where the author instructed you to save/load, or did you follow a more direct path through the non-optional parts of the guide?
I pretty much followed it 100%, but I maybe picked up some items before they were required.
Post Reply