Ability to Fight Suggestion

In this forum you can submit wish list items for the Custom Story Creator. If you are stuck in your story and need the ability to do something, this is the place to post a request to build a way to do it into the story creator. I will be giving priority to new things I work on with the story creator to items posted in this forum as I want the Story Creator community to grow.

Moderators: erasmus, ttant

Scorpy1214

Ability to Fight Suggestion

Postby Scorpy1214 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:07 pm

I would love to see the ability for our own character to swing some punches as well. It would be fun to be able to slug one out on Frank at anytime and fight back when he goes to knockout your character. :D

erasmus

Re: Ability to Fight Suggestion

Postby erasmus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:01 am

Not sure what the future holds but we have no short term plans to implement such a system. The current combat system is not designed for real-time combat with "independent actors" at all (meaning, it's very, very calculated and artificially handled) and so adding the ability for the player to simply throw punches without a massive rework would result in more frustration than satisfaction for users. It would actually be easier and less error prone, detract less from other content development, and feel more satisfying to players for us to just allow you to throw objects at Frank with the CTRL/grab hand function and have objects over a certain "size" moving at a reasonable speed knock him out on impact. Or, provide one or two interactable objects that serve as a "trap" for him. But those are very long term ideas.

Regardless, you aren't supposed to be able to defend yourself from Frank. His reactions (unless caused by a bug) are intended to cause a Game Over, and his "removal" from the Game World or even him being temporary disabled isn't written in to any of the story content.
Erasmus
Quality Assurance and Customer Experience Manager

Scorpy1214

Postby Scorpy1214 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:39 am

Hahaha, simplest of things that i never thought to do. Picking up objects to throw at Frank. The laughs never stop with this game.

erasmus

Postby erasmus » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:11 pm

Scorpy1214 wrote:Hahaha, simplest of things that i never thought to do. Picking up objects to throw at Frank. The laughs never stop with this game.

Haha well for the time being it won't do anything, but yeah it would be a fun mechanic to get working :D
Erasmus
Quality Assurance and Customer Experience Manager

Return to “House Party Custom Story Creator Wish List”