I can't install the mosaic patch

The current game in development by Eek! Games. Discuss testing and development, suggestions and ideas that you would like to get back to the developer.

Moderators: erasmus, ttant

klose

I can't install the mosaic patch

Postby klose » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:54 pm

What I downloaded at http://games.eekllc.com/steam-patch/ is just a text document FuckCensorship. Open to just You're welcome.How do I install the mosaic patch??? :(

SirCarcass

Re: I can't install the mosaic patch

Postby SirCarcass » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:57 pm

klose wrote:What I downloaded at http://games.eekllc.com/steam-patch/ is just a text document FuckCensorship. Open to just You're welcome.How do I install the mosaic patch??? :(

Instructions are on that page, right under the download link:

Once the file is downloaded, extract the text file inside the zip file to the following folder: Documents/Eek/House Party/Mods/Censorship/

Teloric

Postby Teloric » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:29 pm

And just to be clear, that's all the uncensor patch is. It doesn't add or remove anything from the game. It's just a toggle. The game checks to see if the patch is there. If it's there, it doesn't put any bars over the good stuff. If it isn't there, it does put bars over the good stuff. However, the patch itself doesn't change anything in the game.

klose

Postby klose » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:34 pm

SirCarcass wrote:
klose wrote:What I downloaded at http://games.eekllc.com/steam-patch/ is just a text document FuckCensorship. Open to just You're welcome.How do I install the mosaic patch??? :(

Instructions are on that page, right under the download link:

Once the file is downloaded, extract the text file inside the zip file to the following folder: Documents/Eek/House Party/Mods/Censorship/

I've put it on my file, but I still have a mosaic.

klose

Postby klose » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:36 pm

Teloric wrote:And just to be clear, that's all the uncensor patch is. It doesn't add or remove anything from the game. It's just a toggle. The game checks to see if the patch is there. If it's there, it doesn't put any bars over the good stuff. If it isn't there, it does put bars over the good stuff. However, the patch itself doesn't change anything in the game.

Is that just a mosaic and no game without a mosaic?

Teloric

Postby Teloric » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:23 pm

You'd have to check with the devs on this one, but as far as I know, there are NO mosaics in House Party. It's possible they might have added some for the Japanese market, which is why I said you'd have to check with the devs on this. If you mean the big black bar over the good stuff, it's possible you haven't unchecked the censor box in the in-game settings menu. If the box is unchecked, then you've done something wrong with the uncensor patch. Once again, all the uncensor patch is, is a toggle. It doesn't add or remove anything itself from the game.

Return to “House Party”