Issues/Dislikes in 0.7.7. What shouldn't have changed!

The current game in development by Eek! Games. Discuss testing and development, suggestions and ideas that you would like to get back to the developer.

Moderators: erasmus, ttant

korbeskorner

Issues/Dislikes in 0.7.7. What shouldn't have changed!

Postby korbeskorner » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:43 am

A few bad changes I noticed immediately that need to be changed in my opinion.

1st = Walls too bright!
I was glad we got better lighting through out the game but the walls being brighter makes it all way too bright!
Artistic tip = Your subject (npc's) look better when they are bright & the background is darker.
Plz consider going back to original wall color!

2nd = The table in the kitchen is awful. its hard enough to walk around without that useless table in the way.

3rd = Where's all the booze Frank watches over? (rum,empty vodka) Not on new computer table or pizzabox table.

4th = Glad you made the dialogue so we cam read it tho there should be an option to turn off npc dialogue. No need to read it if I can hear them. i'd rather just be able to look at the npc & some speeches still cover the whole screen!

5th = Outside by the area where Rachel takes you to flash NEEDS a flood light out there so we can see her better!

Thanx! hope you consider changing things to make a great experience!

TrippleT

Re: Issues/Dislikes in 0.7.7. What shouldn't have changed!

Postby TrippleT » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:37 am

I agree the house feels at times cramped. However it does make sense there is a diner table somewhere. Problem is wherever you put it, it's always going to be a bit of an obstacle, unless the devs can somehow make the house a bit bigger. Additionally, there is quite a bit of 'dead space'. Large parts of the garden and the garage aren't really used for anything.

Btw the booze is still there, it's now in a cabinet to the left of the new computer table.

Teloric

Postby Teloric » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:24 am

Since they don't need a big table to hold all the booze anymore, they might consider replacing it with a breakfast table, more than enough for two people living in the house, and it would free up some floor space. There's bound to be one available in Unity assets.

Teloric

Postby Teloric » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:26 am

Of course, that's assuming they aren't planning to use that big table for...other purposes.

korbeskorner

Postby korbeskorner » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:34 am

thx 4 telling me where the booze went! i'd put the pizza box table outside & say they moved it out there for the party!

Outside needs TIKI TORCHES! by the hot tub for better lighting & i'd put the white lights along the perimeter to mark the edge of the yard.

Please darken the walls tho. that's my biggest issue at the moment now that I know where the booze went! lol

Oh & when talking to Rachel when she asks why ur here you're response should be 'Cus Derek invited me'
the videogame response is funny but makes no sense now that you actually have a reason to be there!

Teloric

Postby Teloric » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:54 am

Ah, but she's not asking us why we're there, she's asking us how we know Madison.

ghost-x

Postby ghost-x » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:41 am

Does anyone have a problem with Madison Blackmailing quest (in version 0.77)?

I have restarted the game and did all the following steps:

1. Talk to Madison and tell her you'd like to get to know her better.
2. Talk to Madison again and ask her where the bathroom is.
3. Grab Madison's phone from the bathroom.
4. Tell Ashley that you can see the resemblance between she and her sister.
5. Give Madison's phone to Ashley.
6. Tell Ashley that you're in
7. Complete [Invasion of Privacy]
8 Give Madison's diary to Ashley
9. Open your inventory, select Madison's phone, and inspect it.
10. Click on Photos, then click on either Messages or E-Mail to send the photos to your phone. --> (Here I see a message confirming that the photos are already emailed to my phone)
11.Give Madison her phone back.

After doing all these steps, I talked to Madison again. However, there is no option allowing me to "Talk to Madison about the photos on her phone"...
What's wrong? :cry:

The Rwv

Postby The Rwv » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:36 pm

I works for me. One thing I noticed in an earlier version is that you have to scroll through all her photos before sending them to yourself. Or it could just be a bug.

Edit: I noticed a "new" thing. Once you strip down madison and let her get back to the party you can't do anything else anymore. The option to tell her to get back to the bedroom to either dress, undress or pose has gone.

erasmus

Postby erasmus » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:05 pm

ghost-x wrote:Does anyone have a problem with Madison Blackmailing quest (in version 0.77)?

I have restarted the game and did all the following steps:

1. Talk to Madison and tell her you'd like to get to know her better.
2. Talk to Madison again and ask her where the bathroom is.
3. Grab Madison's phone from the bathroom.
4. Tell Ashley that you can see the resemblance between she and her sister.
5. Give Madison's phone to Ashley.
6. Tell Ashley that you're in
7. Complete [Invasion of Privacy]
8 Give Madison's diary to Ashley
9. Open your inventory, select Madison's phone, and inspect it.
10. Click on Photos, then click on either Messages or E-Mail to send the photos to your phone. --> (Here I see a message confirming that the photos are already emailed to my phone)
11.Give Madison her phone back.

After doing all these steps, I talked to Madison again. However, there is no option allowing me to "Talk to Madison about the photos on her phone"...
What's wrong? :cry:

Are you using the English language option? We have confirmed that there's an issue when using Chinese (or any other language, assuming someone has done this already) where the "Simon Says" quest does not properly activate, and what you're describing in the end does in fact occur (missing dialogue option). Playing the game in English though does work, at least based on some testing I did earlier today.

erasmus

Postby erasmus » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:06 pm

The Rwv wrote:I works for me. One thing I noticed in an earlier version is that you have to scroll through all her photos before sending them to yourself. Or it could just be a bug.

Edit: I noticed a "new" thing. Once you strip down madison and let her get back to the party you can't do anything else anymore. The option to tell her to get back to the bedroom to either dress, undress or pose has gone.

We'll have to look into these, but thanks for the feedback!

Return to “House Party”