CSC notes, observations, wish list items

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
fighteer

CSC notes, observations, wish list items

Hey, all. I post regularly on Discord but I think that these forums are probably a better place to permanently document things. After going through my notes, I've got a list of story and CSC-related thoughts/misfeatures/requests.
  • SendEvent: Amy seems to lack a Peeing animation. She's the only character that SendEvent : StartPeeing doesn't work with.
  • Items: The Master Bathroom Toilet is not an interactive item. Would be nice to be able to use it. There's also a laundry hamper in the bathroom that can't be interacted with.
  • Items: Any chance of getting an open version of the Upstairs Bathroom Toilet, or an item function to open and close the toilets?
  • Zones: Any chance of getting the Master Bathroom, Downstairs Bathroom, and Master Bedroom Closet as distinct Zones?
  • Dialogues: After the recent change to Dialogue Response ordering in CSC 1.0.9, the "Order" field is no longer visible. However, it's still saved in the underlying data. New Responses are added with Order=0, causing the story to display them before 'legacy' Responses with a higher Order value. Possible fix: force Order=0 on story import.
  • Dialogues: Add up/down arrows to reorder Alternate Texts. Please! :cry: This would allow the Order field to be removed.
  • Dialogues: Allow copy/pasting of Alternate Texts.
  • Dialogues: Allow copy/pasting of Responses.
  • Background Chatter: Allow reordering and copy/pasting of BGC objects. If this messes with the audio clip ID, allow that value to be edited.
  • General list behavior: click and drag to reorder sortable things in lists. It would save a lot of time over clicking the up arrows.
  • Socializing: A configurable setting to control the frequency of socializing (BGC, emotes, etc.)?
  • Roaming: A configurable setting to control the frequency of roaming (min/max values)?
  • Personality Traits: Can these be made available as mapped Values, like almost everything else? Lots of people have asked for this and apparently it's really hard, but I'd like it to stay on the radar.
  • Commands: Is there any reason why the bodypart console command isn't available as an Event in CSC?
  • Commands: Can we have a version of WarpTo that accepts XYZ coordinates, like in the console?
  • Comments in event and criteria lists? Maybe?
  • Character Groups: Allow the CharacterFromCharacterGroup dynamic variable in event chains to be provided by Character Event Triggers, Character Item Interactions, and Scripted Dialogues. (Dare I ask for BGC?).
  • For Event Triggers that are caused by a character's action, dynamically store the triggering character so it can be referenced within the Event. Maybe associate this with Character Groups as well, so you can say something like: Female Characters : Enters Vision and then CharacterFromCharacterGroup : Event Triggers : Female Characters : Some Event.
  • Far out request: Character Groups as distinct story containers with their own sets of Dialogues, Event Triggers, Item Interactions, BGC, etc.
fighteer

Re: CSC notes, observations, wish list items

Couple of other things (I know, I know)...
  • Allow IsBlockedByLockedDoor trigger to apply generically rather than specifying a specific door, or add a separate trigger IsBlockedByAnyLockedDoor.
  • Add creation of table values, either ordinal or in key/pair format. It should be possible to populate them in CSC rather than through event triggers. Associated events/criteria could include:

Code: Select all

CombineTableValue : Value: Operator : Table : Key (like CombineValue)
    CompareTableValue : Value : Operator : Table : Key  (Like CompareValue)
    MatchTableValue : Value : Table : Key  (Like MatchValue)
    ModifyTableValue : Table : Key : Literal (Like ModifyValue)
    StoreTableValue : Table : Key : Value (Like MatchValue but in reverse; Value is saved in Table)

• If that's too complicated, let us specify defaults for Values in the Values section.
eekdon

Amy did not have a PeeParticle referenced in her Character prefab/bundle data. That's been fixed for 1.1.5. That was super fast; I'll have to keep reading the rest.
fighteer

Whoo! Well, if you're reading, I have a couple more things. :D
  • When a character is Knocked Out, the peeing animation plays as if they were standing up. It doesn't animate from the proper origin point. (I didn't test this with everyone.)
  • It would be great if the operator argument for ModifyValue and CombineValue could have Subtract, Multiply, and Divide options added.
  • Allow the use of Values as arguments to RandomizeIntValue. Also, why is it arbitrarily limited to a range of -100 to 100?
Speaking of Knocked Out, the ragdolls are, well, ragdolls. Any chance they could maintain human-like ranges of joint motion and flexion? That's not really a CSC question, although there could be a State or Property that toggles realistic rigidity.

Edit: It occurs to me to ask: is the reason why dialogue-related objects (Alt Dialogues, Responses, BGC) can't be copied and pasted that CSC generates a unique ID for them for the translation system? If so, that would make sense, but maybe the Paste action can create a new ID value in these cases.
eekdon

Haha, I'm not NOT reading, but kind of swamped at the moment. I'll try to get back to you when time allows. This tab has been open in Firefox since my last reply :oops: