Date Night With Brittney - Phone Glitch

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
yajmele

Date Night With Brittney - Phone Glitch

When choosing the Flash'N'Dash option on Brittney's phone, I get the text with the options, and the text highlights purple when moused over it. But when clicking on either option, nothing happens. The game goes into a bit of a freeze here. Can't pull up the menu, inventory, or anything. I have no choice but to Alt+F4 out.

Noticed after the install of 12.3.

Edited to add: A similar glitch happens when you attempt to upload a photo to Patrick's website using his phone. Click on option - nothing.
ttant

Re: Date Night With Brittney - Phone Glitch

"Date Night With Brittney" was not updated since ages and some core changes broke the story.
EEk!games has to update it to get it work on last build (0.12.3).
eekdon

The issue isn't with the story; there is a code problem we need to address. We're aware of the problem though and we'll take care of it as soon as we have a chance. Thanks for reporting the issue!
Kevner

This bug pretty much breaks all of my custom content, since I use the phone call character a lot (can't even start Pokemon since that begins with a phone call.) I was hoping it was just a CSC incompatibility since we can't expect different versions to work without issues, but if it's the code that's the problem does that mean I'll have to wait for the next alpha build to be able to work on my content rather than just the next CSC? I've got some cool updates that I'm eager to share but I'd like it to work on the most recent stable otherwise what's the point?

P.S. you can use the console to trigger a character dialogue if this happens and you can then close the interaction, target than spend time forcing the quit. Learned that the frustrating way.
peter980

^If you do not use some character in the story, you could replace Phone Call character with that character instead, as a workaround.

It is kinda funny that bug is so specific, that it does not break Ashley prank ending that does use Phone Call character, but breaks everything else.
Kevner

Yeah I tested it with Ashley's quest but that worked fine, which is why I thought maybe a CSC incompatibility.

I never actually considered just using one of the unused dudes but I suppose Patrick would make a good Professor Oak placeholder for that story until I add the guys as a final boss battle thing (such is the plan.) It may actually work even more to my benefit as that will get around the event trigger limitations of the phone character. Not the elegant solution I seek but it'll do. Poor guy will be banished to the loading dock though.

In my other story it's a girl talking from behind a door, using it since you don't know her name or face yet. It's not as game breaking but the immersion would be ruined if Frank's fucking face was there instead.