New Stephanie story locks out others?

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Dkow5790

New Stephanie story locks out others?

Just tried out Stephanies new storyline, but was wondering if I am missing something.

Considering that to get Stephanies story to start you have to tamper with Katherine's Rum does the rest of her storyline get blocked off from now on?

Same thing for the prank on Ashley. Once the clear eyes have been used Madison's arc also gets blocked off.

I'm wondering if I am missing steps now, or not realising that there are two clear eyes bottles in the game because the change log for 0.10.4 says that Stephanie's new arc doesn't interfere with other arcs, which it seems to do.

Just wondering if I am missing something or if this is all intended.
peter980

Re: New Stephanie story locks out others?

Katherine final arc, and one of the Ashley choice options are locked out.

Everything else stays. For example, you can opt to give whippit to Stephanie, after finishing doctor stuff, and unlock all content related to that (Brittney, pot for Ashley, etc...). Or use Katherine for phone prank etc...
eekdon

Dkow5790 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:38 pm Just tried out Stephanies new storyline, but was wondering if I am missing something.

Considering that to get Stephanies story to start you have to tamper with Katherine's Rum does the rest of her storyline get blocked off from now on?

Same thing for the prank on Ashley. Once the clear eyes have been used Madison's arc also gets blocked off.

I'm wondering if I am missing steps now, or not realising that there are two clear eyes bottles in the game because the change log for 0.10.4 says that Stephanie's new arc doesn't interfere with other arcs, which it seems to do.

It doesn't interfere with arcs it isn't supposed to interfere with, but the game does revolve around choices between content/story paths within a single playthrough.
Dkow5790

erasmus wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:21 pm
Dkow5790 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:38 pm Just tried out Stephanies new storyline, but was wondering if I am missing something.

It doesn't interfere with arcs it isn't supposed to interfere with, but the game does revolve around choices between content/story paths within a single playthrough.
That is fine. Based on that statement in the change log I thought I was missing something. But if it is supposed to be an either/or choice between Stephanie and Katherine that is ok. Though it does mess a little with the prank story arc for Madison.
GiantEnemyCrab

The easiest way to fix this is to add one new item. Put a diuretic in the medicine cabinet. That fixes the prank on Ashley.

Amy should get some new dialog to make the quest play out the same way if you finish the scavenger hunt where you can sleep with her.

Then add some new content involving both Vickie and Rachael to get Rachael to sleep with you if you bring Vickie over.

And then do some Brittney and Derek stuff.

Once all of that is done, the goal should be to finish Vickie's quest by having her tell the player character that he must now choose one person to ask out on a date which ends the game.

And then epilogue content for Ashley, Rachael, Madison, Stephanie, Amy and Katherine.
RoadWulf

It's actually possible to do both Katherine and Ashley.

Don't take the clear eyes, just use the "Use With" option on the menu when you click on it in closet.
If you use it on the Rum first and then the Soda you can tamper with both.

I actually made them compete for the bathroom once just for laughs.
eekdon

RoadWulf wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:12 am It's actually possible to do both Katherine and Ashley.

Don't take the clear eyes, just use the "Use With" option on the menu when you click on it in closet.
If you use it on the Rum first and then the Soda you can tamper with both.

I actually made them compete for the bathroom once just for laughs.
SSsshhhhhh, don't mention it, they might fix it! :twisted:
DanL58

I noticed that after giving Katherine the tampered rum it stays in your inventory. Is it possible to give it to another character also with similar results? I haven't tried it yet.
doomy

You can give it to Patrick, but it wont have any effect other than removing it from your inventory
peter980

And can also drink it, with no ill effects (exempt getting drunk).