Alpha and Beta testing

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
DanL58

Alpha and Beta testing

I have helped with beta testing many different programs, games and utilities. I got early access and the software company got free labor. Why would anyone pay to help Eek develop their games? A small one time fee maybe, but a monthly fee for unknown number of buggy versions? And then probably have to pay again for the full public release version. Sounds crazy to me.
RoadWulf

Re: Alpha and Beta testing

The Patreon people get Alpha access it's true. But you basically get to play stuff early and are supporting the game you like.

As far as Beta and Release versions that we play, you only have to buy the game once ever and you get the updates for free.
Even the full release later, they've already said that.
ttant

Re: Alpha and Beta testing

DanL58 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:37 amWhy would anyone pay to help Eek develop their games?
Mostly because 99.9 % of patreon/alpha supporter doesn't give feedback. So money is a welcomed counter-part for early access :mrgreen: