Console commands

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Sly Snake

Console commands

Tab auto complete would be nice, type the first few unique letters then press tab to complete. Suggestion dropdown would be a welcome feature as well. I thought Unity would have this stuff included.

Commands such as goto map/mission, quit to main, exit program, spawn would be useful as well.

Is there a way to adjust state variables using the modifyvalue command?
say I enter
modifyvalue player list
I see [state:standing, 1]
I know I could adjust with
state player standing 0
but is is possible to do something like
modifyvalue player state:standing 0

It seems that the state command is redundant to the modifyvalue command, but just working on state: keys.

EDIT: answered my own question
modifyvalue player state:standing equals 0

EDIT2: I noticed that if don't type the key exactly (same upper and lower case) it'll just create another key and it doesn't to you that you've created another key.

EDIT3: is it possible to continuously monitor key status to see changes not enacted by the user?
eekdon

Re: Console commands

Sly Snake wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:52 pm Tab auto complete would be nice, type the first few unique letters then press tab to complete. Suggestion dropdown would be a welcome feature as well. I thought Unity would have this stuff included.

Commands such as goto map/mission, quit to main, exit program, spawn would be useful as well.

say I enter
modifyvalue player list
state player standing 0

It seems that the state command is redundant to the modifyvalue command, but just working on state: keys.

EDIT2: I noticed that if don't type the key exactly (same upper and lower case) it'll just create another key and it doesn't to you that you've created another key.

EDIT3: is it possible to continuously monitor key status to see changes not enacted by the user?
Sounds like most of this was already answered. There's no real reason to add a goto map as we only have one scene. You can already warp to the starting point either by referencing it (I believe 'frontdoor' will work; I don't remember the gameObject name atm) or via a Vector3 (X Y Z) value. Yeah I might remove the ability for people to make new key/value pairs mid-game, as it doesn't really serve a purpose.

The state and modifyvalue commands allow for the use of the 'list' subcommand, which will give you the readout for given characters the moment the command is executed. If you're referring to something like a OSD/Debug, then no that does not exist.
aan3kk

erasmus wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:42 pm
Sly Snake wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:52 pm Tab auto complete would be nice, type the first few unique letters then press tab to complete. Suggestion dropdown would be a welcome feature as well. I thought Unity would have this stuff included.

say I enter
modifyvalue player list
state player standing 0

... You can already warp to the starting point either by referencing it (I believe 'frontdoor' will work; I don't remember the gameObject name atm) ...
frontdoor is in front of the front door, outside of the house. enterpartypoint is behind the patio.
Sly Snake

Thanks for the info. Well no need to disable, just a warning that you've created a new key instead of altering an existing key would helpful. Otherwise you might be scratching your head wondering why what you've just entered has no affect.