0.9.2 Release Update! Erasmus Tries Hard to Deliver the Fruits of the Team! No, not those fruits! Digital Fruits!

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
eekdon

0.9.2 Release Update! Erasmus Tries Hard to Deliver the Fruits of the Team! No, not those fruits! Digital Fruits!

Alriiighty. https://imgur.com/4CHSu27

So, for Steam customers, the FULL version of 0.9.2 *as it exists right now, in its somewhat buggy glory* is available! BUT, you will need to go to your Library first.

Once in your game Library, right click on House Party. Click Properties.

Click Betas.

Using the drop down menu, select 0.9.2. The text below the key box will say "Successfully opted into the 0.9.2 content beta." YOU DO NOT NEED A KEY.

Hit the Close button in the bottom right.

----

For GameJolt and itch.io customers, those platforms do not allow for beta branch versions. We basically have to provide one version and one version only. So, we essentially dropped the ball here, sorry about that. We are going to work on delivering the final version next weekend to these sites. So by the end of next weekend, all platforms will be using the same version.

----
So, we are not making this an official release due to it being a little bit more unpolished than we would like. You CAN see patch notes on our main site here: http://games.eekllc.com/house-party-ver ... ase-notes/ Once we fix 0.9.2 we will release patch notes everywhere as we normally do.

Next weekend we will release a full, standard update on Steam that will not require opt in.

That being said, thank you for your understanding, and we hope you do enjoy the new content and features. Any bug reports would be welcome, or any feedback in general. ːsteamhappyː

P.S. And no, I have not played only 3 minutes of House Party. The screenshot above is from an account I made today, which I used to buy the game via credit card to 100% ensure that ANY user can opt into our 0.9.2/beta branch. I promise I've played at least 10 minutes of this hot mess.
LLLeon2017

Re: 0.9.2 Release Update! Erasmus Tries Hard to Deliver the Fruits of the Team! No, not those fruits! Digital Fruits!

Hello again erasmus,

I am trying out the beta 0.9.2 version to see how all the changes and story lines rouse the imagination.

I did this because of your hopeful prediction of the full and "Ready" 0.9.2 release next weekend. BUT.
Since we won't have to opt-in for it should we expect it to be more likely the 0.9.3 version like was the
case with 0.7.3 and 0.8.3 after their beta test periods?

Just considering the different version number from the beta would make the transition smoother in most
cases.

But I am not a developer, or even a custom story creator (yet). So.. I may not know my foot from my arse! LOL..
eekdon

Re: 0.9.2 Release Update! Erasmus Tries Hard to Deliver the Fruits of the Team! No, not those fruits! Digital Fruits!

LLLeon2017 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:08 pm Hello again erasmus,

I am trying out the beta 0.9.2 version to see how all the changes and story lines rouse the imagination.

I did this because of your hopeful prediction of the full and "Ready" 0.9.2 release next weekend. BUT.
Since we won't have to opt-in for it should we expect it to be more likely the 0.9.3 version like was the
case with 0.7.3 and 0.8.3 after their beta test periods?

Just considering the different version number from the beta would make the transition smoother in most
cases.

But I am not a developer, or even a custom story creator (yet). So.. I may not know my foot from my arse! LOL..
When we release the next update it will not be an opt-in. Well, technically if you just left your Betas dropdown in Steam as 0.9.2...it would be "opting back in" to the regular update branch :P It will probably be 0.9.3, but who knows, we could go crazy and throw a .1 or 'b' in there. Maybe 0.9.2.sorry. We'll keep you posted!
LLLeon2017

I figured that after watching the update history for the game erasmus.

That's how it goes in the wild wild world of game programming doesn't it??

LOL!

All I can really say now after playing a little of the 0.9.2 beta release is.......

WOW! Some of the new dialog is very interesting.. Especially Ashley's dialog during random
interactions with her.. I like where many of them seem to be heading too.

And.. YES!!! It does have some very unique buggy stuff going on.. The final release getting
rid of them will be nice. No matter what version number/letter/etc you all put on it when
it does finally release on mass..

The grafix look pretty good. AND. Having the added adjustability in the menu is very nice
too.

Now all we need is an updated release of the new console commands for all the custom &
"Cheating" feature commands the new release has with the newer engine and console mode
enhancements. This would be nice to find posted in a complete format that we can Copy &
Paste to Notepad or Wordpad in Windows to print out for easy access. ANy chance you all
may be able to provide that once the final fully functional update version is released?

Thanks again Eek Team! Keep it up!

We Be Watchin!! :shock: :shock: :shock: 8-) 8-)
eekdon

LLLeon2017 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 pm I figured that after watching the update history for the game erasmus.

That's how it goes in the wild wild world of game programming doesn't it??

LOL!

All I can really say now after playing a little of the 0.9.2 beta release is.......

WOW! Some of the new dialog is very interesting.. Especially Ashley's dialog during random
interactions with her.. I like where many of them seem to be heading too.

And.. YES!!! It does have some very unique buggy stuff going on.. The final release getting
rid of them will be nice. No matter what version number/letter/etc you all put on it when
it does finally release on mass..

The grafix look pretty good. AND. Having the added adjustability in the menu is very nice
too.

Now all we need is an updated release of the new console commands for all the custom &
"Cheating" feature commands the new release has with the newer engine and console mode
enhancements. This would be nice to find posted in a complete format that we can Copy &
Paste to Notepad or Wordpad in Windows to print out for easy access. ANy chance you all
may be able to provide that once the final fully functional update version is released?

Thanks again Eek Team! Keep it up!

We Be Watchin!! :shock: :shock: :shock: 8-) 8-)
Hey thanks for the support! I'll pass most of that along to our writer, but can you clarify this bit?

"Now all we need is an updated release of the new console commands for all the custom &
"

The console has built in help and example functionality and the commands should work relatively well in custom stories. I think I might know what you're getting at with the rest, but don't want to put words in your mouth.
peter980

All you need to know.

To get general help and a list of all available commands:
help

To get help on specific command:
help <command>

To get use examples of specific command:
example <command>
eekdon

peter980 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:08 am All you need to know.

To get general help and a list of all available commands:
help

To get help on specific command:
help <command>

To get use examples of specific command:
example <command>
Sorry, had to edit this post in case others were going to make use of it. 'List' is only accepted by certain commands as a generic modifier/subcommand. List by itself will just return an error. The 'help' command by itself will spit out a list of all possible commands.
LLLeon2017

Erasmus,

I just got back online after a few local distractions had me busy.

I forgot to mention in my post about the things I noticed in 0.9.2 that need attention..

BIG ONE!

The Cunnilingus action is WAAAAAYYY out of alignment. If player is giving it's like the alien popping out
of her stomach!

To test this I set the startsixtynine sexualact on two of the female characters to which they flopped to
the position which looked more like the one on top was stroking a male member. I then changed their
position to the cunnilingus act and the one giving was imbedded in the one receiving's stomach with the
top of her head sticking out from the nose to the top of her head.

To me the original game positioning was better than 0.7.3 when the position was moved closer so player
could hardly see what they where "Working on".. Now it looks like you are trying to nose fuck titties if you
know what I mean..

I am hoping that this is fixed in the final release when it comes out along with all the other tweaks and
tworks you all are working on now.

Still watchin!!! :shock: