[Issue with font] Czech Translation

Subforum for discussing translation of the Original Story and Custom Stories, the House Party translation system itself, and for translation-related suggestions. DO NOT UPLOAD/SHARE anything but translation files (.txt files OR archives of appropriate .txt files in .rar, .zip, or .7z formats). All applicable parent forum rules, etc. apply.

Moderators: erasmus, ttant

Forum rules
No discussion of piracy, no harassment of forum users or commentary on their language of choice, no advertisements, no trolling of any kind. Be cool to one another.
okimo

[Issue with font] Czech Translation

Postby okimo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:45 pm

So when I was translating to Czech I notice some characters missing for currently used font.
How does it look like ingame:
Spoiler:

Special characters used in Czech:
Spoiler:

ttant

Re: [Issue with font] Czech Translation

Postby ttant » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:15 am

First of all, make sure that the file you edit are still in utf-8 or utf16, not ascii.

From the few tests i did, i only notice that the font they choose haven't all character implemented and fall back to another one, but still, russian and chinese characters work fine.

okimo

Postby okimo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:02 am

ttant wrote:First of all, make sure that the file you edit are still in utf-8 or utf16, not ascii.

From the few tests i did, i only notice that the font they choose haven't all character implemented and fall back to another one, but still, russian and chinese characters work fine.

Its in UTF-8. I also tried the central eu formats like "OEM 852" and "Windows-1250".

Well... Its pretty common thing over here that most fonts are missing some of our symbols :D

erasmus

Postby erasmus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:37 pm

okimo wrote:
ttant wrote:First of all, make sure that the file you edit are still in utf-8 or utf16, not ascii.

Its in UTF-8. I also tried the central eu formats like "OEM 852" and "Windows-1250".

Well... Its pretty common thing over here that most fonts are missing some of our symbols :D

I don't know anything about Czech, but can I basically get a good symbol example from Google Translate for the purposes of looking into/testing this?
Erasmus
Quality Assurance and Customer Experience Manager

okimo

Postby okimo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:09 pm

erasmus wrote:
okimo wrote:

I don't know anything about Czech, but can I basically get a good symbol example from Google Translate for the purposes of looking into/testing this?

I can give you examples straight from the game (Same translation you will get from google translate too):
Spoiler:
Towel - Ručník
Door - Dveře
Open - Otevřít
Fire Pit - Ohniště
Stay (as verb) - Zůstat
Taste - Chuť
Wall - Zeď
Song - Píseň
etc.

erasmus

Postby erasmus » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:00 pm

okimo wrote:I can give you examples straight from the game (Same translation you will get from google translate too):
Spoiler:
Towel - Ručník
Door - Dveře
Open - Otevřít
Fire Pit - Ohniště
Stay (as verb) - Zůstat
Taste - Chuť
Wall - Zeď
Song - Píseň
etc.

Ok thank you!
Erasmus

erasmus

Postby erasmus » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:10 pm

okimo wrote:
erasmus wrote:
okimo wrote:

I can give you examples straight from the game (Same translation you will get from google translate too):
Spoiler:
Towel - Ručník
Door - Dveře
Open - Otevřít
Fire Pit - Ohniště
Stay (as verb) - Zůstat
Taste - Chuť
Wall - Zeď
Song - Píseň
etc.

FYI we are still looking into this. I assume this is the sort of font-matching/display issue you are referring to as well? https://imgur.com/pyyfszU
Erasmus

okimo

Postby okimo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:15 pm

erasmus wrote:
okimo wrote:
erasmus wrote:I don't know anything about Czech, but can I basically get a good symbol example from Google Translate for the purposes of looking into/testing this?

Spoiler:
Towel - Ručník
Door - Dveře
Open - Otevřít
Fire Pit - Ohniště
Stay (as verb) - Zůstat
Taste - Chuť
Wall - Zeď
Song - Píseň
etc.

FYI we are still looking into this. I assume this is the sort of font-matching/display issue you are referring to as well? https://imgur.com/pyyfszU

Yep That's it :)

erasmus

Postby erasmus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:42 am

okimo wrote:
erasmus wrote:
okimo wrote:I can give you examples straight from the game (Same translation you will get from google translate too):
Spoiler:
Towel - Ručník
Door - Dveře
Open - Otevřít
Fire Pit - Ohniště
Stay (as verb) - Zůstat
Taste - Chuť
Wall - Zeď
Song - Píseň
etc.

Yep That's it :)

Alright, sorry for the delayed response. We're looking into standardizing font/typeface and sizing so hopefully we can take care of this soon!
Erasmus

Return to “House Party Translation Discussion”