[Not Implemented] Adding Original Story voice-overs to custom story

Requests for new Custom Stories or discussion of your new Custom Story ideas.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
peter980

[Not Implemented] Adding Original Story voice-overs to custom story

Currently custom stories do not use any voice overs.

I assume this is done since voices for original story is hardcoded. Or at least I do not know how to manipulate them by editing character files in Original Story.

Still, it would be good idea if custom stories had support for reusing already recorded voices for characters.

There are two use cases here.

1) Small mods of original story could use most of the original voice work
2) Bigger custom stories could use generic lines of the girls. Like "Hi, I'm Ashley", giving some additional immersion
ttant

Re: [Not Implemented] Adding Original Story voice-overs to custom story

I'm not sue that's a good idea. some people can find that one line from time to time sound like a non-finished game, and even if it can increase the immersion, when there is no voice, they could feel misleaded.

Nonetheless, i agree that reusing some moanings, laughters and other classical emotional sound would be great.
peter980

But that is custom story, why not give authors the choice?

Up till recently that was the case for original story too.
eekdon

We are fine with the idea of users putting in their own voice overs, regardless of 'quality' or anything like that. We'd just need to put in restrictions to ensure that only files of a certain format, length/size, etc. can be added to prevent embedding of malicious content or "trolling via story". That all being said, this is not something we are currently focusing on in this sprint cycle or the next; if we add it, it would be part of a major initiative to improve overall game customization (via HP CSC, Steamworks, etc.) closer to coming out of Early Access.