Event Marker.

In this forum you can submit wish list items for the Custom Story Creator. If you are stuck in your story and need the ability to do something, this is the place to post a request to build a way to do it into the story creator. I will be giving priority to new things I work on with the story creator to items posted in this forum as I want the Story Creator community to grow.

Moderators: erasmus, ttant

jikmml

Event Marker.

Postby jikmml » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:13 am

I've only ever coded with UE's BP system, so I may not be the best at explaining this, and I'm also not sure it'd be possible in The Story Creator engine.

I'd like it so that when something happens, you can create a boolean to mark it. So far, the only way of doing this I can see is making a quest, but that'd be kind of weird getting a quest for something random like that.

So for example, You said something specific to someone and you want them to remember it but not affect their relationship... You can "Create respons event, Add boolean, Call it: 'X just happened' and you can go back to it if you want them or someone to bring it up at a later date.

ttant

Re: Event Marker.

Postby ttant » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:38 am

In criteria, you can already add dialog > "was shown" and "was not shown". Can't those be used for what you want to achieve ?

TrippleT

Postby TrippleT » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Dialog shown vs not shown should work yeah. Alternatively you can use modify value to mark that a certain event has happened.

SirCarcass

Postby SirCarcass » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Yeah, you can basically create your own booleans. Use ModifyValue.

<character>:ModifyValue:<variable name>:Equals/Add:<value>

If it doesn't exist yet, the game will create it. Then you can use it as a criteria for dialogues and actions.

Return to “House Party Custom Story Creator Wish List”