[Not Implemented] Ability to start again failed/completed quests

Requests for new Custom Stories or discussion of your new Custom Story ideas.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
peter980

[Not Implemented] Ability to start again failed/completed quests

Currently is is not possible to put in progress, or complete state, the failed quest.

It would be nice to have that option.
eekdon

Re: [Not Implemented] Ability to start again failed/completed quests

I think I see what you're getting at. What is really needed is a more complex quest system in general. We've been discussing this over the last few days, in fact. Strict endings ("pass/fail", or a black-and-white approach) to story elements that also get interconnected as criteria elsewhere in the game are not the best method for fostering true sandbox play. What's needed is a form of incremental system where partial progress (or partial failure) is allowed, OR as an alternative, content availability is decided upon by one or several more generic player-stored "meters" like morality/personality, total party popularity, etc.

In the Original Story we don't intend to let players have another shot at missed opportunities/quest rewards, at least in most cases. The game has always been designed around choice, the player thought process, and the repercussions of actions taken based on said thoughts. Or at least, that's the intent, when the game is working :P

That being said, in the short term however I can totally understand why restarting a failed quest would have its benefits in custom stories. And so therefore: https://imgur.com/cp6mfBz