My 0.6.0 StoryCreator scene file

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
BillyWilliams

My 0.6.0 StoryCreator scene file

CAUTION: I feel I should post this with a bit of a notice that this hasn't been fully tested, but it does seem to work for the story I've been working on. So be aware at the very least this hasn't been properly tested and might not work properly for you. Tinkering with the CSC files can severely affect it's functionally. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

So I was looking forward to the release of CSC 0.6.0 after the previous one had a few issues with interactive items (Doors, Chairs, and Objects you can interact with in the game.) I was also looking forward to tinkering with some of the new features added to 0.8.7 and 0.8.8 versions of House party (i.e. the new exhibitionist factor that determines how characters act when wearing less clothes and the skin switching on Amy's and Vickie's underwear.)

Unfortunately CSC 0.6.0 would end up having pretty much the same problems as 0.5.0 in that the StoryCreator scene file did not properly identifying the interactive items in the game making it hard to modify certain items. In addition to that 0.6.0 had another problem where character story files were not linked to there characters making it hard to do things with character dialog, quests and other things that come from those character story files. These problems may not affect things much when just working off the include original story stuff provide with the CSC, but if you decided to clear the story, starting essentially from a clean slate, then you likely run into problems just setting up basic functionality for certain items.

The fix for me has been to first open the Original Story.story file with Notepad++ and search for every mention of ItemName and take the item names from there and putting them into the appropriate places in the StoryCreator scene file, making sure also to check for item functions on some of the items so they can work as well. I then fixed up the linking of the character story files to the characters in the StoryCreator scene file. This seems to have so far fixed my issues with the new CSC. Once again this isn't fully tested so use with caution.

Rather than going into full detail to how I did all of this I thought I would try just uploading my version of the StoryCreator scene file for other to at least pock around at. Hopefully this is found to be useful to a few people. Just place and unzip this file in the Assets folder where you have the CSC 0.6.0 files. Backup/copy your CSC files first before making any adding this file in, in case of any issues.
StoryCreator - Load Me First (Double Click).zip
Modified version of the StoryCreator scene file for CSC 0.6.0
(27.75 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
mada7

Re: My 0.6.0 StoryCreator scene file

Thanks so much man you're a lifesaver. I never would've had the patience to go through every single item to find all the missing ones. They should take this file and include it in their zip file so anyone else that downloads the CSC can have it working right away
The Rwv

You're a legend Billy! Much appreciated!
BillyWilliams

I feel I should point out here that the House Party devs have put out an updated version of the CSC (0.6.1.) I haven’t used it yet, but you might want to try it first before using my file.

http://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=65

I feel I should also give a special thanks to the de. Team for updating this so soon, so thanks for that.
eekdon

BillyWilliams wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:55 pm I feel I should point out here that the House Party devs have put out an updated version of the CSC (0.6.1.) I haven’t used it yet, but you might want to try it first before using my file.

http://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=65

I feel I should also give a special thanks to the de. Team for updating this so soon, so thanks for that.
We aim to please!