Trigger event

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Riload

Trigger event

I am trying out some stuff in the Story Creator, but when i want to trigger an event after a dialogue, I can't select which event I want to trigger and it causes that I can't scroll any further down. Only until I change the trigger event to something like Pose or just anything else it makes that page scrollable again. Does anybody have a idea if it's a common problem or that it's just my pc that's doing this.

System Specs: i3-2100, ASUS GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Custom Story Creator version: 0.6.0
House Party Version 0.8.7
The Rwv

Re: Trigger event

The dialogue trigger is bugged. Same happens to me.

Unity 2017.3.1f1
Attachments
BugCsC.jpg
BugCsC.jpg (175.29 KiB) Viewed 13506 times
The Rwv

Quests are also bugged. So basically this version os CSC is completely useless for creating any kind of new story.
Attachments
BugCsC2.jpg
BugCsC2.jpg (92.79 KiB) Viewed 13445 times
eekdon

Do these errors also occur when making a new story from scratch? How can we reproduce this specifically?
tommysticks

erasmus wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:45 pm Do these errors also occur when making a new story from scratch? How can we reproduce this specifically?
I have the same issue. Just downloaded from this link: http://games.eekllc.com/Download/csc/HPCSC.0.6.0.zip

The included scene has the bug with event dialogue. Just opened it up and clicked on a character > add game event and it says error in red.
The Rwv

erasmus wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:45 pm Do these errors also occur when making a new story from scratch? How can we reproduce this specifically?
Doesn't matter if you create a story from scratch or edit the original story. This happens all the time. The topic below by BillyWilliams with his story file fixes this issue.
eekdon

This came up in our Discord and was seemingly resolved:

Anybody who's seeing that red ERROR and blank spaces where corresponding dialogue/quests should be, you need to drag each of those character stories (DerekStory, FrankStory, etc) into their proper spots within the StoryCreator -Load Me First hierarchy.

On the left side of the screen in the CSC, you should see "Game Manager" and things like "Content" and "Characters" below that. Click the drop-down arrow next to "Characters" to see each of the relevant HP characters. Clicking "Ashley" for example, you should see a new page open on the right. One of the fields on this newly opened page is called "Character Story" and you should notice they all say "None (Character Story)". There's your problem, because the CSC has no stories to pull the dialogue/quest from. So drag in either the original character stories or the ones that you've made into that field for each of the characters you're building a story for. It will remedy any problem with the proper story stuff not showing up.

An image that might help: https://imgur.com/a/73Y2B
peter980

^ this post should be put in sticky thread
eekdon

Will do!
ConspiracyRaven

It sounds like I'm in the same boat as the rest of you with the Dialog Triggers. In the time being, is it set up in the tab flow that we can just hit it so many times to get to the proper point to select the dialog?