Items not showing up in CSC

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Erdor

Items not showing up in CSC

Hey, so I have started to play around with the CSC but ran into the issue of many items not showing up in the editor. Worse yet, these items disappear from the original story files whenever you try to view them. An example of this is the "Printer".

The first simple workaround I have found was to manually change names in the story files using Notepad++, however for this method, the above still applies.

Then I found the core issue, which is that these items are not included in the "StoryCreator - Load Me First (Double Click)" scene. It can also be fixed by manually adding them to this scene.
  • Create an empty gameobject in "Interactive Items"
  • Rename it to the item you desire
  • Attach the "Interactive Item" script
  • Rename it inside the script and check the "Enable Item Functions" box
  • In something like notepad++ find the appropriate ID for the item in the original story file and save it
  • Replace the generated ID by the ID you found whenever you refer to the item (using n++ in the appropriate story
As much as I love fighting with another man's code though, I wonder if this the intended working or if I screwed something up massively?

Unity: 2017 3.0f3
House Party: 8.8
CSC: 6.0
mada7

Re: Items not showing up in CSC

This was a problem in the previous version too. With a lot of items missing or incorrectly named. It is worse in this version though because now they're causing errors in the unity editor too like the attachment I've included. There's a lot of items this occurs for and using this version of the story creator is very difficult to say the least
Attachments
unity error.PNG
unity error.PNG (90.58 KiB) Viewed 4733 times
eekdon

Re: Items not showing up in CSC

Yeah, we weren't able to get a grasp (yet) on why this is occurring. It works fine in the original story on our end, but then in the story creator (which effectively uses the same code for this functionality), it doesn't work. We know it's a pain in the ass though and it's going to be one of our top items to address moving forwards. Sorry for the inconvenience (again)! :(