Items Unusable Even Though Events Added

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
BlazR

Items Unusable Even Though Events Added

CSC version 0.6.1
Game Version 0.8.8
System Specs: Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299, AMD Ryzen 7 1800X CPU, 64 GB RAM, Radeon R9 290 (Sapphire Vapor-X OC Edition) GPU

I cleared the story and am starting from scratch after I played around with the Original Story a little bit. Most items work fine, but two items I've noticed now don't show the in-game menu for them. I can't get the 'Slider Door' to show up even though I can force it open with a GameStart Event Trigger and the Rum in the Cabinet doesn't work while the uhhh... Whack Spaniel's does. I don't think it's a bug. It could very well be something I'm doing wrong since I just started messing with the CSC today.

EDIT: Added specs, probably should've put this in the Help forum in retrospect
eekdon

Re: Items Unusable Even Though Events Added

What are your configurations for each Item Action for those items? Usually I find it helpful (since I don't use the HP CSC much either) to just copy existing functionalities I want by importing the Original Story or Vickie Vixen Valentine or Date Night and just screenshot the relevant things I want to reproduce.
BlazR

The item actions were the defaults when you add an item interaction from the items list. I removed a couple of the default ones and added "Drink" which just increases your social drunk level while posting an on-screen message about taking a swig from the bottle or some such, but only if the item is in your inventory. I haven't messed with it in a couple of days and with the release of 0.9.3, I'll probably just wait for the proper version of HPCSC to come out for that as well so I can mess around on the latest version. Thanks for the reply though and if I can't get it working, I'll definitely try comparing between the Original Story and the one I'm making to see what I'm missing.

EDIT: Still using HPCSC 0.6.1, I was messing around with it and using HP 0.9.3 and it seems to work now, so... that's that I suppose.
BlazR

For anyone who has this problem, I think I've solved it. It happened with HPCSCS 0.6.1, HP 0.8.8, Unity 2017.3 AND with HPCSC 0.6.2, HP 0.9.3, Unity 2017.4. I believe it is a Unity issue. When it started happening it my latest test runs with Unity 2017.4, CSC 0.6.2, and HP 0.9.3, I just saved the project, closed Unity, re-opened it, re-exported the Story files and it worked fine after that. So it seems to be some kind of bug in Unity. Just wanted to share that in case anyone else came across this issue and started ripping their story apart to figure out what they did wrong.
eekdon

Thanks for the follow-up! Good to know there's at least a workaround.