PAIN

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Jackal_7777

PAIN

Alright, so I typed up a few paragraphs and the forum decided, "Fuck you, it's gone, now log back in." So I'm going to make this short.

How do you add voices to normally-already-voiced dialogues? I just wanted to add more responses for the protagonist; I didn't intend to add any new dialogue for the voiced characters, ergo them not having their voices is immensely irritating.
If you can't do that, is it possible to edit the original story and keep the existing dialogues?
ttant

Re: PAIN

So far you can't add any audio to any custom story. So no new track or no new voiced dialog.

That being said, take a look at "gone bad party" mod to find out how to alter original story and keep all voiced line as-is.
Jackal_7777

Thank you for the clarification on custom stories being without audio.

As for modifying the original story, a mixture of experimentation and Erasmus quotes led me to where doing that would have taken me anyways, so thanks for the suggestion but at this point I think I've had a crash-course into House Party modding without looking into their mod. Just my suggestion, but the tutorials could do with some elaboration on what you can't do with custom stories, and maybe a clarification that the game doesn't automatically 'fix' read-only files.
ttant

I suppose that custom audio in custom story is planned by the dev team, but has no eta yet. In my pov, they're focusing on finishing HP, to get a "complete" engine, before adding tweaks on it (custom clothes color, custom audio, etc.).

For the read-only stuff, it's more a hack/bug they don't want to fix so we can exploit it to get audio while altering official file. In my pov, no dialog is better than bad ones (i mean audio says something, but subtitles tell a complete different story) or partial ones (some dialog are voiced, some other not).
Lots of independent game 'using unity, unreal or renpy) don't have voiced dialog. I agree it's better with voiced dialog, but we (the player) can live without it.