Error opening CSC 0.12.4

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
runwild14

Error opening CSC 0.12.4

I am running the latest CSC on unity 2018.2.20 and I get an error when I first open the story creator about rewired saying that there was an error detecting the platform followed by another error saying plugin importer could not be loaded for reqired_core.dll. Please install rewired. When I go to Window < Rewired<Setup < Run installer, to install it I get another error saying it couldn't create asset file.

I am completely new to Unity and am not sure what these errors mean or how to debug them. Also, there is no tab when I click on a story that says add to house party game, only tabs for add new achievement, clear story, import story, export story, export translation template, and add component
ttant

Re: Error opening CSC 0.12.4

I got that one too, just don't care about it, the csc just works fine without it ;)
eekdon

ttant already answered, but just so you know, "Rewired" references are specific to an add-on we use to manage player input in the actual game itself. It just so happens to be tied into part of the overall project/engine that the CSC is derived from, so it still can create warnings. It's totally irrelevant for the CSC so if you keep seeing it in future versions, it can be ignored.
peter980

If I understand correctly, CSC was created by stripping all parts not related to story creation, from your internal tools, and making sure it works independently?
eekdon

peter980 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:27 am If I understand correctly, CSC was created by stripping all parts not related to story creation, from your internal tools, and making sure it works independently?
Correct, which is why there's enough of the engine to make a story, but not enough to use the Play functionality in Unity (which also keeps the CSC project size down).