Events not working

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
RyanDaBrian

Events not working

I tried making events for my characters, but nothing works. They don't even say dialogue when the game starts. I feel like I'm wasting my time trying to do this, and the instruction videos have nothing on this subject.
peter980

Re: Events not working

Add more details on what actually you have done.
eekdon

You PMd me what looks like a...corrupt story. Can't really be sure, although nothing in the story should *allow* the Unity Editor to break quite like that.

If you click on the bottom of the CSC window where it says NullReference Exception, can you get the info from the Unity console about that exception? Should be copy-pastable. Can you provide a copy of your story?
RyanDaBrian

All I did was use the characters Frank, Arin, Dan, and Patrick. It started when I went to add an event for Frank. When you have to click the arrow to add details it did that. Next thing I knew all of them did that. I found out how to make it work, but it requires closing the program and then reopening it. It seems it does it randomly when doing events that involve warping a character.
eekdon

Alright, so can you reproduce this and get me the error messages that are showing at the bottom of that screen?
RyanDaBrian

These are what it gave me. I don't know what the errors mean.
Attachments
House Party Story Creator Glitch Errors.png
House Party Story Creator Glitch Errors.png (148.19 KiB) Viewed 7043 times
Last edited by RyanDaBrian on Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RyanDaBrian

Ok so I realized what I think I did wrong. I forgot to extract it first from the .zip file. After doing that I don't see it doing that anymore. After doing that it seems to run fine now. I'm making a game grumps story.

Is it ok if I keep this post up for people who may have the same problem as I did?
eekdon

Of course! That's exactly why I reached out to you here instead of via PM. Glad you got it figured out.
RyanDaBrian

Thank you, and have a wonderful day/stay safe!

I've already uploaded my custom story.