Quests not clearing out when you select "Clear Story"

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
ConspiracyRaven

Quests not clearing out when you select "Clear Story"

I've been playing with creating a new quest for one of the story lines. So I cleared out the story. When I go to associate the quest with "On Dialogue Close" or "On Dialogue Start" It shows the quest list of the original story. The quest I created doesn't show on the list.
eekdon

Re: Quests not clearing out when you select "Clear Story"

ConspiracyRaven wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:23 am I've been playing with creating a new quest for one of the story lines. So I cleared out the story. When I go to associate the quest with "On Dialogue Close" or "On Dialogue Start" It shows the quest list of the original story. The quest I created doesn't show on the list.
Hi, what version of the HP Custom Story Creator are you using? Is your quest an identical match/name to a quest in the Original Story? Does it contain special characters or is the name very long? Did you assign any icons or images to the quest? I just did this in HP CSC 0.6.1 and it seems to work fine (so far): https://imgur.com/behnFzS

If you have only changed one character's story, the quest can be a bit hard to see in the list. Also, sometimes the story asset needs a few moments in Unity to refresh. Try making your quest changes, clicking on another character's story, give it a second or two, then go back into the story you are working on and try checking the Dialogue options again.
AnneRosa

I have the same issue with the list of quests showin only OS quests. The list of dialogues was the same, but it updated eventually, even though it did so very slowly and after saving and working on the new story for a while. I do have performance issues with unity, which might have caused the delay.

To answer your questions: I am using HPCSC.0.6.1. The new quests names are not the same as the ones in the OS, they are not to long and do not contain special characters. I did use the icons from the asset file, but I have removed them now.

What I have tried now is to remove all quests from the stories. I had used "A change of heart" as a placeholder to be changed when the new quests are shown, which might have tied the OS quests into the new stories. I saved the stories without any quests and reopened the creator, which did not change anything. I might just leave it open for some time, but this has not done anything so far.
eekdon

We're going to look into this, and if it's something we can address we will as soon as we can. Not sure if it's a Unity issue or not, though.
ConspiracyRaven

Ok. Here's what I figured out. If I cleared the main story before the character stories I had the issue. If I cleared the character stories then the main story, it would clear them out. I guess those years of doing alpha and beta test were put to use. :)